The Homemade Renderings Thread

EngineerNole

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this. If you'd like, you can create a new folder and put all of the proposed/under construction buildings in that one so you can control which buildings you get to see by clicking on either the new or the old folder.

I resurrected the old photoshopped panorama and sloppily threw in 320 Palmetto (barely visible in front of Bank of America) and the crude massive model of Orlando City Place. I was going to update The Presidential rendering but the newer images I've seen show it at an awkward angle, so I opted to leave the old model as a place holder.

photoshoppedskyline46zp.jpg

Updated map with proposals of 320 Palmetto (39) and the Bank Building at Orange & Robinson (49):

constructionmap98dw.jpg

LEGEND

Blue - Recently Developed

Orange - Under Construction

Teal - Proposed

1. City View Apartments

2. Hughes Square

3. Eola South

4. OUC North Central Energy Building

5. Lynx Central Station

6. CNL II

7. Osceola Brownstones

8. The Jackson

9. The Sanctuary

10. Premiere Trade Plaza & Solaire

11. The Vue

12. The Cornerstone

13. US Federal Courthouse

14. FAMU College of Law

15. Orlando City Place

16. Performing Arts Center

17. Star Tower

18. The Paramount

19. Tradition Towers

20. 55 West

21. Dynetech

22. Jefferson Street Garage

23. Washington Residential Tower

24. 217 N. Eola

25. Ridgley Manor

26. Pizzuti Redevelopment

27. Orange Court

28. The M (Magnolia Lofts)

29. North Orange

30. 801 N. Orange

31. The Ivanhoe

32. Orlando Palace

33. 205 S. Eola Dr.

34. Capital Plaza III

35. Monarch

36. Church/Eola Residential

37. 305 S. Eola Dr.

38. The Corinthian

39. 320 Palmetto

40. Bank Building at Orange & Robinson

Nice work on the panorama. Even in person, provided they all get built, it is going to be such an unusual skyline. Usually when you see that many different style of buildings there is a varying height difference that serves to break up the styles. In Orlando's case it is literally a sea of buildings, same heights, different architecture. I dare say that there will be very little comparison elsewhere.

That panoramic shot is great. Personally, I still think BBArch could spend a little more time on their designs, but if their finished product compliments our skyline nicely, then no complaints here.

Going back...It was *I* who made the original and SPECULATIVE post about the density of downtown Orlando rivaling that of Charlotte and Tampa (notice no mention of Tulsa, Wichita, etc.). That post was alluding to my own personal excitement and pride in the progress of Orlando. Never did I think it would start a firestorm of statistics and other cities downtown pictures (although the following arguments were very interesting). I am merely spouting Orlando native pride and if you wanna call that "homeboyism", then I guess I'm guily of it; but I keep it limited to the Orlando forums only. I will stand by my SPECULATION and think that downtown Orlando's FUTURE denisity will rival Tampa and Charlotte if I want to. But I agree, let's not lose track of the original intentions of this thread. Don't try to change my mind with bland statistics and meaningless downtown pictures of cities I could care less about. And yes, I've visted the mid-west and Southwest quite frequently and will say, there is no place like Orlando.

If I had homemade renderings to post in here, I would. That said, I'll continue to read the rest of the posts and will look forward to more great ORLANDO renderings!

If you're talking about the dark building in the foreground to the left, it looks vaguely familiar. Maybe because it is called Lake Point Tower, was the tallest apartment building in the world when it opened in 1968, and Oprah lives there.

PS: The architects were Schipporeit-Heinrich Associates.

If you're talking about the dark building in the foreground to the left, it looks vaguely familiar. Maybe because it is called Lake Point Tower, was the tallest apartment building in the world when it opened in 1968, and Oprah lives there.

PS: The architects were Schipporeit-Heinrich Associates.

Ah, you're right! It looked a lot different in the pic and I couldn't get the placement on it. I thought Oprah lived in Water Tower Place? Anyway, thanks for the enlightenment!

• 1 month later...

I updated my 3-D Google Earth model of Downtown Orlando by adding 400 North Uptown (AKA PBLT) and 305 Palmetto. I also organized the file folders so that current buildings can be viewed without the orange under construction and teal proposed buildings being visible. This makes it easy to compare the current skyline to the skyline(s) of the future with just a couple clicks of the mouse.

If you'd like to download this new model to view in your own copy of Google Earth, download the KMZ file at UPSDan's Orlando Skyscrapers site. Now without further delay, the screen shots:

The current skyline

14kf.jpg

The current skyline with buildings under construction

25lb.jpg

All current, under construction, and proposed buildings

37sz.jpg

The Central Business District and Thornton Park

42vn.jpg

Midtown, with 400 North Uptown

55mn1.jpg

More Midtown

65ds.jpg

Uptown baby, uptown baby...

75bu.jpg

Orlando's new Mid/Uptown

89us.jpg

Current skyline as seen from I-4

97uv.jpg

Current skyline with buildings under construction

104of.jpg

The future skyline

117gu.jpg

Downtown overview

122pf.jpg

Current skyline as seen from the east

131ix.jpg

East view with buildings under construction. Enjoy The Vue.

143ex.jpg

The Manhattanization of Orlando

157ie.jpg

• 2 months later...

Great work bic, but I only see one of the Three Lutheren Towers buildings. There's that one you show on the west side of Star Tower. Then there is a building on each of two block going north until you get to pine (accross the street from Paramount).

On UPSDAN's site he has the site plan showing where all three buildings will be on all three blocks.

Archived