Haywood Mall Retail

gs3

• 2 weeks later...

-Pink and Blue looks like it has closed.

-No signs of Outman's closing/moving anymore. Their store closing signs have been taken down and the store is still open.

-A new blank barricade just like at the future Apple and Panera stores has gone up in front of the old Marble Slab space. Anybody know what retailer will be locating here?

• 2 weeks later...

-No signs of Outman's closing/moving anymore. Their store closing signs have been taken down and the store is still open.

Their web site reads: "Effective June 7, 2010, we will have two locations in Greenville, SC. We will have a new location at 26 Orchard Park Drive and have our current location in the Haywood Mall." I have not had an opportunity to verify whether both sites are now open. If so, that's another local business that's thriving despite a lackluster economy. (I think the new store is the former TZ's location being vacated by The Channel.)

Edited by RiverWalker

Apple finally put up their logo decal on the black baracade today. If all goes well, grand opening is set for july 10! Also, Sanibel sunglass company is going in where cold stone creamery used to be.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup: I figured it was Sanibel from the job listings posted. One recently opened at Riverchase Galleria in Birmingham. This will be their first store in South Carolina. :) Good to see Outman's will be keeping their Haywood store open also.

Edited by citylife

Funny about Outman's. It seems strange to me for a niche store like that to have two locations within a mile of eachother. That store is never busy enough to support two stores that close together in the long run. Could it be lease related? I wish them success, but don't see it lasting a long time.

Funny about Outman's. It seems strange to me for a niche store like that to have two locations within a mile of eachother. That store is never busy enough to support two stores that close together in the long run. Could it be lease related? I wish them success, but don't see it lasting a long time.

True that, although Chris Tsangarides is expanding his business model with the new location. Much like the relocated Halfway to Habana in the West End, the new location is billed as a cigar and martini bar. Incidentally, the Outman web site has just announced the grand opening of the new facility, which will take place this Saturday. I have little doubt that the new location will be a hit, so we'll just have to see how the more merchandise-oriented mall store fares. It will be an interesting study.

True that, although Chris Tsangarides is expanding his business model with the new location. Much like the relocated Halfway to Habana in the West End, the new location is billed as a cigar and martini bar. Incidentally, the Outman web site has just announced the grand opening of the new facility, which will take place this Saturday. I have little doubt that the new location will be a hit, so we'll just have to see how the more merchandise-oriented mall store fares. It will be an interesting study.

Oh, OK.

Yeah, the new location sounds pretty good if you're in to that thing.

I've always liked Outman's being at Haywood, mostly because it's a little variety from the clothing stores. It will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Outmans is clearing some stuff out. I wonder if the mall store will be more of an knockoff type thing.

I don't think those stores with "coming soon" and the stop signs have been leased. Signs have been up 6 months and nothing. The old Borders that had them is being temporarily leased for a blood drive.

Outmans is clearing some stuff out. I wonder if the mall store will be more of an knockoff type thing.

I don't think those stores with "coming soon" and the stop signs have been leased. Signs have been up 6 months and nothing. The old Borders that had them is being temporarily leased for a blood drive.

I think you're right even though the old Marble Slab had those signs and it is now leased.

I stopped by the grand opening. Business was brisk all evening. I spoke with the owner, Chris Tsangarides, who says he plans to keep both stores open for now and see how the business goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Sanibel Sunglasses is now open. I didn't really check it out.

Speaking of the mall; The furniture they have is a nice idea (cushioned), but some of those benches are starting to look horrid. Same for a lot of the blue chairs. Time for new furniture soon?...

Anybody know if Anthropologie is a possibility for Haywood Mall? I know there was a brief mention of it before, so I was looking for some updates now that Apple is here.

perrykat: I also noticed the blue chairs last time I was there. They're looking really rough!

Anybody know if Anthropologie is a possibility for Haywood Mall? I know there was a brief mention of it before, so I was looking for some updates now that Apple is here.

perrykat: I also noticed the blue chairs last time I was there. They're looking really rough!

I know that they are looking at the Greenville market, and have been for a few years, but I think I remember reading something about them holding off on any new expansions for a while due to the economy. Not sure if that is still in effect though. Others here will know more than I do though.

I now for a fact they were looking at the West End for a while.

Kay Jewelers is rennovating their store and will temporary locate in the space of the old Eddie Bauer store that The Children's Place used.

Actually, Haywood soon needs new carpet. I was looking at the carpet upstairs near the food court and it looks very worn. It still has a little while left I guess, but it needs replacing along with all of the soft-surface seating soon. I would replace it with hard surface seating, as it will last much longer and is less maintenance. Some of the seats on those benches look horrible and have for quite a while.

Kay Jewelers is rennovating their store and will temporary locate in the space of the old Eddie Bauer store that The Children's Place used.

Actually, Haywood soon needs new carpet. I was looking at the carpet upstairs near the food court and it looks very worn. It still has a little while left I guess, but it needs replacing along with all of the soft-surface seating soon. I would replace it with hard surface seating, as it will last much longer and is less maintenance. Some of the seats on those benches look horrible and have for quite a while.

Tile would look better! Would they have to put back carpet or is tile to heavy or something?

Tile would look better! Would they have to put back carpet or is tile to heavy or something?

I don't know. Carpet is cheap looking, tile would look better.

If that was done (holding breath) wonder if they could match the tile downstairs, which is much older. It's been there for ages, even before the blue/green/purple color scheme with those decorations hanging from the ceiling I think.

Edited by perrykat

I don't know. Carpet is cheap looking, tile would look better.

If that was done (holding breath) wonder if they could match the tile downstairs, which is much older. It's been there for ages, even before the blue/green/purple color scheme with those decorations hanging from the ceiling I think.

I think the downstairs tile still looks pretty good. It would match really good since they have the hardwood in the middle downstairs. They also have it upstairs where the middle part is.

• 3 weeks later...