The Tennyson

Florida

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once the residence move into these condos, and thier lights are on, it will be a completely different DT. I like how predominant the tenny is from the parkway, but as soon as the sun is gone, so is it. I want it to be lighted so bad, i may rent a spotlight to shine on the backside!

PS... u made that 500 deadline very early this saturday city- good company

Once the residence move into these condos, and thier lights are on, it will be a completely different DT.  I like how predominant the tenny is from the parkway, but as soon as the sun is gone, so is it.  I want it to be lighted so bad, i may rent a spotlight to shine on the backside!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been thinking about the lighting on that Building for quite some time. I'm looking around for some more renderings of it to see if they might "shine some light" on this concern.

• 2 weeks later...

I was walking to work downtown the other day when I noticed what looked like windows at the Tennyson. I stoped to get a closer look but realized I didn't have my camera. I saw what I thought were plastic coverings, but you might be right Murphy. I hope they install the windows in a rational manner so I can keep track of things... I can't stand it when they do things randomly... as is the case now with the yellow plannels.

PROJECT UPDATE: September 15, 2005

DSCF1644.jpg

Here is the "Front" of the building as I like to say. Yellow panels nearly cover the entire front, with exceptions in a few places.

DSCF1646.jpg

Here's a look at some of the detail, or what I like to call the crown of the building. It seems to be completed... it added nearly 5-8 feet of height above the tallest floor... its hard for me to measure accrately with my eye, so thats guessing. But that addition gives this otherwise boxy building some character.

DSCF1642.jpg

Here's a look at what CSmurphy and I believed to be windows. I'm still not sure what it is, looks like some type of wax paper or plastic. Also notice above each balcony door, they've installed holes for the electrical piping. This image gives me the first hint that this building is coming to life.

DSCF1643.jpg

Here's a shot of the Tennyson juxtaposed against its neighbor, The Monroe Park Tower. Notice this area is the only area remaining to put yellow paneling onto. Also notice, the Main, central balcony and the detail give to it. If I could buy one this unit would be the one I'd want first.

DSCF1650.jpg

Here's a picture of the often ignored, rear of the building. From here you can see the parking garage, the boxy sprint building next to it, as well as what appears to be a small little house (its actually a law firm). If you look closely at the 13th floor, notice the porta-potty. I'd hate to be sitting in that thing when the wind blows... literally. :w00t:

There's your Tennyson Condo update Tallahassee!

Archived