Ridgley Manor

Jaybee

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Site marked with the red X is the proposed site for Ridgley Manor Condominiums. That is where Rosalind Avenue curves to become Magnolia Avenue. Also if you notice the dead end street, that is Palmetto Avenue. This project apparently is gonna ask for the city to give up the right of way at the end of Palmetto Avenue to the developer. If you see how small of an area this is you can see why. Now if I was really good with paint, i could plot the Vue, Dynetech, Tradition Towers, 55West, and Plaza/Solaire on here. Sorry, i suck with paint. It took me 10 minutes just to get a decent looking red X. :)

dsc00026a7ou.jpg

Reallllllly Big Price.............Itty Bitty Windows.....

Not sure how this can compete in Florida with 10' floor to ceiling windows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a balcony between each pair of windows. Its a great looking building especially at that location. If comrade Buddy had anything to do with it ... then three cheers for Buddy. A lot of people don't want 10' floor to ceiling glass for a bedroom wall. Frasier only had a small balcony in Seattle.

Awesome job CS, I was wondering if someone could do that. :)

what program did you use? Man that SunTrust cluster looks awesome and there is a cluster starting to form between Dynetech, the Vue, Ridgely, Courthouse and BOA. Awesome, if these developments continue we will definitely see the density we all want and even on a street level scene. We need about 10 more projects in Downtown and we will start to give Jville and Tampa a run for thier money. Are you getting nervous, Lakelander?

Yes, so beautiful.  I always wanted Caesar's Palace right in downtown Orlando.  I think we should turn all roads into private driveways.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually do like this design, its very attractive. I just hope it doens't look cheap when built...

As far as the private driveway, its not like the project is sealing off a road. That road dead ends already, and is a pretty ugly/strange design. I think placing a building on that block will improve the urban environment in the area immensely, simply by bridging the urban gap created by the dead end street.

Awesome job CS, I was wondering if someone could do that.  :)

what program did you use? Man that SunTrust cluster looks awesome and there is a cluster starting to form between Dynetech, the Vue, Ridgely, Courthouse and BOA. Awesome, if these developments continue we will definitely see the density we all want and even on a street level scene. We need about 10 more projects in Downtown and we will start to give Jville and Tampa a run for thier money. Are you getting nervous, Lakelander?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I'm not the competitive type. I get equally excited seeing urban development spring up in all of Florida's cities. After all, I've spent 21 of my 27 years, here on Earth, living about 20 miles from Disney in Polk County.

No, I'm not the competitive type.  I get equally excited seeing urban development spring up in all of Florida's cities.  After all, I've spent 21 of my 27 years, here on Earth, living about 20 miles from Disney in Polk County.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I thought you lived in Jacksonville, i was only kidding anyway. If you look at the number of posts in all the subforum cities, Orlando is generating quite and interest right now. I just hope it continues for quite some time. I hate when we go a month without something new announced or something breaking ground. I do like Jacksonville however as they are closer to the beach, a river right through downtown, NFL, closer to a more tangible mass transit system, etc., but give Orlando some time.

Oh, I do live in Jax. I just moved here a year ago, from Lakeland (thus the name Lakelander). However, all of my family still lives all around Central Florida, so I'm down in the Orland and Tampa areas a lot.

Orlando has defiantely come a long way since I first left Central Florida to attend college in 1996. I can't wait to see what the future brings.

New info:

-Supposedly there are plans with the city but it has not yet been approved

-"The only thing that will possibly be changing is the name"

-The developer is using a political consultant for representation for faster approval time and confidentiality with the City of Orlando

-To get information about the project, you would have to go through the consultant's name, as Ridgley Manor is only the name proposed by the developer...so the Downtown Development Board or Municipal Planning Board would not have heard the name "Ridgley Manor"

Sketchy information, but information nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived