Charlotte-Douglas Airport (CLT) Expansion

uptownliving

MODERATOR NOTE:  Lloyds5 and metrolina are the same poster based on IP trace and apparantly based oin suburban Philadelphia.  While I normally wouldn't out that info, blatant misrepresentation of material facts is harmful to all users of this forum (metrolina being the poster claiming to have met with high level AA executives in Dalls recently)  I believe I have deleted all metrolina posts.  Any ban would have to come from higher up powers that be, but please don't feed the troll.  Though I will try to aggressively moderate this thread, I would appreciate everyone's assistance in ignoring the misrepresented nonsense.

post-26833-0-68989200-1413549587_thumb.g

• Like 2

MODERATOR NOTE:  Lloyds5 and metrolina are the same poster based on IP trace and apparantly based oin suburban Philadelphia.  While I normally wouldn't out that info, blatant misrepresentation of material facts is harmful to all users of this forum (metrolina being the poster claiming to have met with high level AA executives in Dalls recently)  I believe I have deleted all metrolina posts.  Any ban would have to come from higher up powers that be, but please don't feed the troll.  Though I will try to aggressively moderate this thread, I would appreciate everyone's assistance in ignoring the misrepresented nonsense.

Wow. Now the truth is out. 

I always felt like something wasn't right.  Those posts have always just been so negative for CLT - it didn't seem like someone who's here and truly wants the airport to succeed.

I will admit, I'm trying to remain positive about the airport's future, but right now I'm holding my breath hoping that the next piece of news isn't bad...

This whole thing is just sad.  The airport will do whatever it does, regardless of the campaigning for one side or another on this board or on a.net or wherever.  I honestly don't care.  The airport remains a super cheap option for carriers, is located in a geographical strong point and is anchored by one of the fastest growing metro areas in the country.  It can only get better.  If we lose an Intl. flight to Lisbon for one year or a couple, whatever.  Flights come and go.  It, or some replacement will be back.  And I'll just fly there instead.

^Totally agree. We all realize that there will be some changes to the CLT airport in terms of flights getting cut or added as a result of the merger. You're blind if you don't see that. However, the timing of some of these posters joining this board who clearly had an agenda, just with the airport and nothing else, seemed fishy. Makes you wonder how much merit any of Lloyds5 posts had. I'm betting it was a lot of fluff... And whole "meeting with AA executives" line just reeked. On to better things now...

• Like 1

Awesome, does someone expect folks to believe that executives of a large company are going to share secrets with a stranger at a hotel? Charlotte's airport will be fine, AA is expanding and construction will not stop at CLT for a long time. And, metro Charlotte should be over 3m residents within 10 years. The economics, location and cost structure of the airport are too good to ignore for AA.

^^I too have been wondering about the parking decks. I understand they are supposed to be connected to the Main Terminal via an underground walkway, but haven't even heard anything about the construction of the walkway.

the underground walkways won't be utilized until the new terminal expansion is completed (2017-18).  At least that's the way I understood it. The new expanded lower level roadway is supposed to be open in March 2015, when the rental car companies move into the garage.  

BTW, the new roadway and garage are still on schedule to open the the second week of November, although it certainly doesn't look like it.  

I know several people that are in the midst of a personal crisis regarding Ebola. The same people also refuse to get a flu shot...because they are afraid of the needle. Now tell me how many people in the US from the flu each year vs how many people in the US have died from Ebola...

• Like 2

I was at the airport this weekend... Isn't the new rental car/hourly deck supposed to be finished in November? I don't see how that's possible. Still a lot of work on finishing up the exterior IMO and would be shocked if it was done by then. Looks a majority of the interior of the decks were done however based on what I could see. Can't wait for that construction to finish up to relieve some of the cluster. 

^Totally agree. We all realize that there will be some changes to the CLT airport in terms of flights getting cut or added as a result of the merger. You're blind if you don't see that. However, the timing of some of these posters joining this board who clearly had an agenda, just with the airport and nothing else, seemed fishy. Makes you wonder how much merit any of Lloyds5 posts had. I'm betting it was a lot of fluff... And whole "meeting with AA executives" line just reeked. On to better things now...

I look forward to the end of Run-on sentences and the use of proper punctuation!!!

Edited by ChessieCat
  • Like 2

^Correct, they start making the move in January. Rent-A-Car-Co is handed keys to their new spaces then, but the public is handed keys to their Chevy Impala a couple months later.

With the rental car area not becoming an international terminal anytime soon, the bigger rush is re-opening some public parking in time for the holiday travel season.

Edited by southslider

As of 5 January 2015, according to the current schedule, Frontier Airlines is terminating their Charlotte to Washington (IAD) service. Not happy about that because it directly affects my previously scheduled travel plans.

I'm not happy about this at all; this kept the DC prices pretty low, now its only AA and United (and Southwest to Baltimore) flying the route...