Va. Beach Towncenter project

vdogg

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does look like to be one but I really am not sure.  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the update guy and nice pics. Va. Beach is a very green city indeed. Also helps to see what type of view you can get from the Westin. It's kinda funny to think that Granby Tower will be visible from the Westin and vice versa.

That black crane must be the pieces on the flat bed truck that i saw the other day. On the plus side, the closer the cosmo is to being finished the closer we are to starting on the Westin :) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope a crane is going to the Westin soon. Funny I saw 4 trucks today with pieces of a black colored crane coming from the old HQ site going towards the interstate. I guess it had done its job.

Is that a parking garage in front of the theatre?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's supposed to be a 3-story office/retail building. Restaurants/cafes along with some shops on the ground floor with offices on the top 2. The restaurants and shops are supposed to complement the theatre (i.e. market to the clientele). I believe the theatre will share parking with the Westin. They should open at the same time bringing the total number of parking garages to four with probably two more on the way (one in Phase 4 and the other once the TB/Beacon parcel is purchased).

I asked about the news of a 2k car parking garage at the Bed, Bath and Beyond site. I was told there was some talk to the owner about that but really that was all. There is nothing in the works that she was aware of.

Yeah, I met Mary, too. Very nice lady. She filled in for Mr. Divaris for about 5 mins while he took a personal call half-way thru our meeting. All I can say is that Mr. Divaris said this would happen--and he didn't hesitate or equivocate. Maybe he's in the midst of persuading the property owners to move on this...and more! So, I wouldn't bet against it happening eventually.

Today I walked over to the Westin site and snapped a few pics of the Cosmo and the park. I believe they are to build an amphitheater on the site for concerts and such in the park. That will really be neat to see that happen. :)

DSC02365.jpg

34aeb8a4.jpg

DSC02369.jpg

DSC02370.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

Sources tell me the rumor mill is that the center will be breaking ground this fall with a 2 year build out plan. I am not sure of other details but when I find out I will let you know.  :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But they already broke ground, how can they break it again? :lol: So i guess the concentration is on the Westin then. They so should've had the Westins groundbreaking in May instead of the centers.

I emailed my source to find out exactly what other areas will be built on. My only thoughts are for the possible new office tower to be built on the Columbus One parking lot, the Taco Bell/Va Pilot lots and perhaps the remaining retail - B&N, Planet Music BB&B and the theater.

I emailed my source to find out exactly what other areas will be built on. My only thoughts are for the possible new office tower to be built on the Columbus One parking lot, the Taco Bell/Va Pilot lots and perhaps the remaining retail - B&N, Planet Music BB&B and the theater.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's gonna be built on the Columbus parking lot. That land was specifically designated for the next office tower via signed agreement between the city and the developer.

It's gonna be built on the Columbus parking lot. That land was specifically designated for the next office tower via signed agreement between the city and the developer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to confirm: we're talking about the empty parcel with the parking lot and not the parcel on which Columbus One, the Hilton Garden, and Towne Bank sit.

Ok, time to talk about something positive going. Rode by TC today and all of phase 3 was ablaze with construction activity. The pile driver was back and operating and there were several earth movers and diggers busy on both the Westin and Performing arts center site. It's great to see this progressing in such a timely manner. At least we know we'll have one tallest in state, even if the other doesn't pan out.

I decided to take a few pics today of the Town Center and the surrounding area.

Most of the windows are in now and construction continues.

DSC02375.jpg

DSC02391.jpg

The new pool on top, perhaps?

DSC02393.jpg

The Peforming Arts Center is coming along. They seem to be digging some pretty deep holes on the sides.

DSC02376.jpg

The new Ethan Allen Store. I really LOVE the architecture of this store. Notice the 'Town Center' moniker has jumped across the street.

DSC02379.jpg

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

Fuddrucker's urbanization is complete with a new paint scheme, thick molding and new awnings.

DSC02382.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

The Pizza Hut is now a strip center.. or will be soon. A vitamin store and Starbucks is going there that I am aware.

DSC02386.jpg

So I hear, developers are trying to lure a pretty upscale store to this location.

DSC02387.jpg

Coming soon, Honeytree Botique. It will be located beside Ann Taylor Loft.

DSC02388.jpg

Looks like construction going on at the future site of Sonoma Wine Bar and Grill which will be located just below Ruth's Chris.

DSC02389.jpg

Construction is happening here also for the new Zushi Japanese Sushi bar.

DSC02390.jpg

That's it for now. Hope you enjoyed. Also, the Westin lot didn't really look too much different so I didn't take any pics of it.

Archived