Norfolk Pictures

willy

Yeah the Kotraides tower wouldn't even show up on that pic

Its suppose to be around the Hague area

what software are you using padman to do that? It looks cool!

Paint Shop Pro: Photo Shop is easier to use but I'm used to Paint Shop. Twisting raster images to make the perspective better is more like witchcraft, though. All the Trader images I've found are on an angle. I didn't put the Hilton in because I really don't know what it's going to look like, although it probably will have a similar profile to the Marriott from the view in Willy's photo.

Yeah the Kotraides tower wouldn't even show up on that pic

Actually, I think it might just make it in the right side of the pic. The entire project will be across form hague but I htink the tower itself will be towards the front of that very large parking lot with the garage behind it. Nice job Padman. Do you think that Hoffler would be in that pic as well?

Thanks again, padman, for version 1.1. it just replaced version 1.0 as my wallpaper. Great job. Incidently, Kotarides is billed as "residential". Will they be condos, apartments, both, or what? At one time they were presented as apartments. Something to ponder. Another mystery of the universe to solve.

bf04d760.jpg

here ya go

That's a great pic urbanvb! It shows just how much our views of downtown is changing. The only wrong in the pic is that Kotarides is on the wrong spot. You have it sitting on the "Y-split" of Brambleton and Boush St. Kotarides will be on the right side and will actually block our view of the Royster building and the right half side of the Trader Tower. I go through Downtown along Brambleton, Boush and Granby 5 days a week and I try envisioning these towers on their planned locations so don't take into offense my clarifications as to where these buildings should be at. Plus I'm using already established buildings as markers to make sure I know where it is exactly these new buildings should go in regards to the angle of this picture. Otherwise, you just made me really excited to see the (short-term) final product of what downtown will look like since it's likely Norfolk will announce probably another dozen towers in the 2007 State of the City Address :lol: The only thing missing from everyone's pic is harbor heights! That may be hard though considering we've only got like 2 different angles of the building and both dont appear to work in this pic that everyone is photoshopping.

Wow, just that one tower makes the skyline look so much bigger! It really makes me see how close we are getting to a really major skyline. My favorite view has always been from Crawford Parkway because it goes on uninterrupted from Lambet's Point all the way to Dominion Tower - not all highrises, but still a dense looking city for that whole stretch.

PS - you should add Hoffler Tower on the left!

Edited by gosscj

testover4.jpg

Now something like this is what I would like to see once the office market jumps in again.

Man, it took me almost 10 minutes to figure out what the heck you were talking about. New office building what? :blink: Then I saw it. The building looked like it was a perfect fit for that area that I did not even notice it. Great Job.

Where'd you get that tall building from?

It's modified, rescaled, recolored, chopped and altered. It's also based on a real building in another city. I won't say where because the intellectual property nazis are out there, and even though every architect except for maybe Calatrava and Leibeskin is copying everyone elses generic designs, their lawyer sharks are at the ready. God help you if you copy a pixel from someone elses image. Doesn't seem to be much of problem for hip hoppers with their sampling though, if that's a precedent. But we do have to be careful. Do not even think about copying an image produced by CMSS.

testover4.jpg

Now something like this is what I would like to see once the office market jumps in again.

Excellent picture Padman! I think that pic is the closest anyone is going to get in terms of accuracy. I want to note that it sucks to see the proposed 35-40 story tower in the pic 'cause it's only going to make all of us hungrier to get news on a building that probably won't come for at least 5-10 yrs. But at least you opened the door of what HUGE of an impact it will make. I kinda wish for Hilton and Harbor Heights in the picture but until we get better renderings, I guess we should hold back on them. I want Hoffler in there but I don't think it would be in the picture at this angle.