What do you do?

Raintree21

I'm an intern architect that's between jobs.  In the meantime, I write a twice-monthly column on shopping and style for The Roanoke Times in Virginia.

Here's an example of my column.  They don't credit me on the internet, but I still get paid :)

http://www.roanoke.com/entertainment/insid...gout/24271.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's pretty cool!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL... I wish! The city didn't attract me exactly. I followed my husband who followed a job at Microsoft. But it's a nice city. I swear I'm the only liberal in town, but it's a very nice city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

girly, in the last election meck. county went BLUE. now, that may not be "liberal" but its a good place to start. whether someone likes it or not, it also seems to a sign of urban density and growth.

that's pretty cool!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The regular column wasn't my idea originally; the lady who became my editor approached me with the idea after I sent in some shopping tips last year. It's pretty fun though: I get to express myself in words, make a little side money and go shopping all at the same time. I can't complain :)

Most of the mods and both admins (monsoon and myself) are IT peeps.  Comes in handy for a site like this.  IT is one of the worst jobs in the industry for underpay and long hours.  I got to work at 6:30AM and I'm still at work, 6:42PM.  Friday night too...how sad, LOL!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but you're director of IT. I would expect for your day to be a long one.

Savannah College of Art and Design, Advertising Design Major, senior looking towards getting my masters in business and marketing at McHoll School of business

Freelance Graphic Designer (to pay for college, and trust me Scad is definately not cheap)

Freelance Architectural Designer (just draw houses for architects)

Freelance Illustrator

Freelance Advertiser

Freelance Painter

oh and I sing in a band, tis a busy schedule for me, I'm up to my eyes in work

I'm very art inclined, what can you do

• 2 months later...

Report writer, I do sales productivity analysis for one of the banks. On the side I manage a few rentals, and rehab/resell fixer-uppers.

One parent is a landscape architect, and currently historic district planner in another NC city.

Grandfather was a civil engineer, and he did one term on the city council of a small town.

It's in the blood, I guess. B)

Archived