NASCAR Hall of Fame

cityboi

Maybe I'm low brow, but I like it. I mean its a logo, it can only be so much. There is no mistaking what it is "selling", where it is, or the design theme to the space.

I think anything more would have made it too busy, but I'm not really a logo connisseur.

I think the correct spelling is Loverboi, btw.:)

Those of you not familiar with Loverboi might be pleasantly surprised when you see/hear them. A straight forward rock your socks off kinda band! They are certainly not an unknown group. Anyone over the age of 40 remembers them for sure....."Workin' for the Weekend" was an early 80s anthem!

Er, no. It really is LoverboY. See the album covers for verification-

http://www.google.com/musica?aid=B58QjhdxE...c&ct=result

And to sort of stay on topic, I kind of like the logo as well. I don't think it matters hugely much anyway. It's not like people will come to visit based on their like or dislike of the logo. I don't think most people even remember a logo for more than a few seconds anyway. Without looking them up, I can honestly say I only have a vague impression of the BOA logo being some red stripes, almost flag like, no memory at all of the Wachovia logo or for that matter any other Charlotte affiliated logo. :dontknow:

Maybe I'm low brow, but I like it. I mean its a logo, it can only be so much. There is no mistaking what it is "selling", where it is, or the design theme to the space.

I think anything more would have made it too busy, but I'm not really a logo connisseur.

I agree. I think when it comes to logos, less is more.

Plus it's only a Hall of Fame logo, not the official logo of the sport itself, which gets much more exposure and should be more definitive.

exactly nostyle, the football hall of fame logo is the only one that i could honestly say i have ever seen before. all in all i doubt the logo will get much exposure even at the hall of fame itself besides an entrance emblem. but even if it were to be posted all over the place would anyone really care i mean does it take anything away from the racing heritage here? logos can change and most are not noticed at all but this city and this state have built the sport and a simple hall of fame logo is not going to change anything the hall of fame is a great thing to have here and a logo should be the last thought on anyones mind

It looks a hell of a lot better than the Baseball HoF logo. I like that it incorporates the distinctive swoops of the building's exterior, to help "trademark" that site. This is the only building other than BoA that I know of in Charlotte which has reached that level of recognizability.

While this isn't news about the HOF it may be attributed to it. MRN Radio (covers Nascar, Busch, etc. races on radio nationwide) will be moving their HQ from Daytona to Concord. I wonder how much of this is attributed with Charlotte gaining the HOF and what we may expect to see in the future by way of announcements related to Nascar related companies and the Charlotte area.

Announcement

^ Would that be significant or are we just talking about a [basically] small corporate staff?

It is suppose to bring in about 50 new jobs, so I am not sure the economic impact is what we would call monumental.

A2

It is suppose to bring in about 50 new jobs, so I am not sure the economic impact is what we would call monumental.

A2

I believe nowensone was questioning a Nascar HQ move and how many jobs that it may bring.

• 2 weeks later...

A move would make their HQ a little more "centralized" as opposed to being stuck down in Florida and as one of the arguments that was made for the HOF to be here is that the majority of the teams are already here so why not move.

A guy dies, and you people are discussing whether or not this means a corporate relocation will occur? Tacky!!!

Archived