The Vue

cooperdawg

But as one person noted, a few renderings of the vue do show what appears to be blue tinted glass scattared throughout the facade...

Night2.jpg

I always just figured it was a mix of the marketing and to showcase some lights being on and some off. It would be interesting to see a mix of blue glass now that I'm looking at it though. From the pictures, the blue looks good and somewhat diverse from the rest of the city's colors. Look forward to seeing more of it, though.

I always just figured it was a mix of the marketing and to showcase some lights being on and some off. It would be interesting to see a mix of blue glass now that I'm looking at it though. From the pictures, the blue looks good and somewhat diverse from the rest of the city's colors. Look forward to seeing more of it, though.

It's definitely just representing some lights being turned on and some lights off. All of the glass will be the same color.

Speaking of, as I made my daily trip to Harris Teeter I stopped and spoke to a construction worker about the glass. He said the glass definitely did NOT have a peel or film covering it. The glass is a darker blue than that of the Avenue's and I must say as more and more is put up it looks great.

Edited by sleightofhand

Mine's double paned (Trademark).

I can confirm as well that Trademark is double paned .... :huh: sooo?

All of the glass will be the same color.

And yes, my comment before was noting that the blue in the marketing illustration IS indicating that all the windows will be (equally) tinted a blue color. Not a scattered random pattern.

But also consider that Trademark itself is a perfect example of a building having some windows being tinted a different color than others... granted Tradmark has a pattern (every 5th floor on the corner units maybe?) to its gray/blue corner unit tinting but its still a plausible idea.

(It would seem a bit weird to have blue windows scattered throughout haha ^_^ )

I can now confirm that I in fact have double paned windows. You would think I would have noticed that having lived here a year. :huh:

haha not to get off topic (with trademark) but speaking of double panes and tinting... my tint has actually been scratched off (from the outside?!) at some locations...and im noticing it on the elevator side in the hall as well.. jeez value engineering

I was pretty sure that was the staircase that goes up to the amenity deck but I've been off lately.

You would be correct, it is the stairwell, at the top you can see one of the large private balconies that belongs to the loft unit on that side. I believe it is around 900 sq ft.

Edited by expat

• 2 weeks later...

It feels a bit trivial to think about skyline angles in this economy, but this definitely will be a good aspect of this project (as belabored in pages 1-38 of this thread :) ).

I like that it is a tower what feels like a random place uptown. Many moons ago, I parked in the gravel lot there and stuffed my 3 or 4 bucks in the slot. I didn't dream that anything this tall would go on that spot.

I am not one to be a tower junkie per se, but somehow these new tall buildings that are set perfectly to widen the skyline dramatically are quite majestic so see.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the current sales figures are for the Vue (i.e. % of units sold). Just curious if they are going to have situation similar to the Catalyst once they are completed.

They wouldn't be building right now if they had the same problem as catalyst. The vue had a presale goal, where as Catalyst was up to 20 floors before they even started marketing the building.

I am most excited about this tower. I am beginning to notice the building when landing at the airport. Its going to be a great addition to the skyline.

speaking of which, it's starting to become really visible from 77. However, this shot is obviosly from the top of the Mint Street parking deck. Progressing very nicely indeed. I took this earlier this morning.

DSC047882.jpg

Does anyone else think that this building is awful close to the street? I'm not usually one to complain about this type of thing, but Pine Street is very small as it is. It seems like the sidewalk space would be a bit wider like they are at the Ave and Catalyst.

The Vue in Orlando has very much the same feel. The building fronts Rosalind Ave. and if you are stopped at the intersection you feel like it is right on top of you. In fact the sidewalk shot Mobuchu posted on the 27th looks almost identical to what we were seeing here as the building went up. At first it was a little strange being so close to the darn thing while sitting in your car, but I'm pretty used to it now. Sadly there is little to no pedestrian traffic on this block. If there was it would really feel crowded.

• 2 weeks later...

^Ya know, we might not be the DENSEST city in the world, but that shows it better than I would expect.

It's definitely getting denser around here. It's a rare event to buy at the Harris Teeter at 5th and Poplar without having to stand in line. That place, as well as CVS must be doing pretty well.

Here's another angle looking north on Mint Street. Seems like the Builders Building would make a great bookstore, a la Powell's in Portland, especially with all the new residents moving in.

post-18011-1229873805_thumb.jpg