The Vue

cooperdawg

I live in Orlando, and am wondering how tall this tower actually is. We just had a top out on The Vue at Lake Eola. Great looking building but am very jealous that yours is taller and much more intricate than ours.

I think I saw on Emporis when they first had it on there it was 51 stories and 601 ft. but that's probabally not exactly correct.

• 2 weeks later...

We already knew they got these permits, but it is now in the O, listed at $30m. Does anyone know if that is the for the whole structure or just a portion?

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/16423792.htm

Whole struture as in all the way up to the top floor is my understanding. But that is just the concrete structure...none of the upfit...that will come in a later permit.

not wanting to sound totally naive, but why do permits cost so much?

Permit fees pay for the work the inspectors from the county put into inspecting the various stages and parts of the project (foundation, framing, rough-ins, etc etc etc). A project like this will have continued and tons of inspections during the construction process so the fees are based on the amount of work the county will put into their part of the project. Permit fees are based on (I have no idea the formula) a percentage of the estimate cost of the project. I've had residential fees (single family) changed/adjusted by the county when projects grow.

Edited by Charlotte_native

There has been discussion related to this project about the construction technique that will be used for The Vue. I've seen a number of TV programs (Discovery Channel, I think) that show a technique that uses of a central structure that forms the concrete, lets it set, and then lifts up into place for the next floor, and the process is repeated. Not sure if this is the same technique that will be used on The Vue, anyone know?

If so, this would be cool to watch in person.

Permit fees pay for the work the inspectors from the county put into inspecting the various stages and parts of the project (foundation, framing, rough-ins, etc etc etc). A project like this will have continued and tons of inspections during the construction process so the fees are based on the amount of work the county will put into their part of the project. Permit fees are based on (I have no idea the formula) a percentage of the estimate cost of the project. I've had residential fees (single family) changed/adjusted by the county when projects grow.

thanks for the explanation.