The Vue

cooperdawg

65k doesn't seem like much, considering how much they've spent on advertising. I'd like to know that figure...... Anyone care to guess?

$65K is just what they have paid Mecklenburg County for the building permit. That does not include all the other costs such as architecture and engineering design fees, advertising, and the sales office. What they have spent so for in total for this thing is well into the 6 figures if not 7 figures.

65k doesn't seem like much, considering how much they've spent on advertising. I'd like to know that figure...... Anyone care to guess?

I'm guessing a at least a $million - but probably more - since they've had a full page advert in just about every issue of every Charlotte based publication for the past 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Okee dokee. I am going to be looking for earth moving equipment then VERY soon. I really want this thing to start moving dirt. I even asked Santa for the VUE to start construction in Jan. for my Christmas Present! :)

A2

Edited by A2

At the Bobcats game tonight, they were advertising something called The Vue Club... Coming Soon.

The spelling seemed too strange for it not to be related, particularly because the Vue is also sponsoring some other stuff at the arena. Does anyone know what this is?

It also seems like a strange place to sell condos...

At the Bobcats game tonight, they were advertising something called The Vue Club... Coming Soon.

The spelling seemed too strange for it not to be related, particularly because the Vue is also sponsoring some other stuff at the arena. Does anyone know what this is?

It was actually advertised as "Club Vue"

$65K is just what they have paid Mecklenburg County for the building permit. That does not include all the other costs such as architecture and engineering design fees, advertising, and the sales office. What they have spent so for in total for this thing is well into the 6 figures if not 7 figures.

Generally 2% of retail would be a good a estimate for the marketting budget. 6.5 to 7.5 for architecture and engineering of all types affecting the design of the building. The developers of this project are positively pregnant to the tune of 3MM and the number could easily be as high as 5 MM by now.

The Vue can now be call under construction.

Should see it start in January 2007.

Building permit

410 W. Fifth St., The Vue Charlotte Footing/Foundation & Structural Framing, Churchill Development, Turner Construction Co., $30,000,000.

When the price is put on there ($30,000,000) what is that? The whole estimated price for the project?

I would think it would be higher than that, maybe 2-1/2 times?

Can anyone explain this to me?

This weeks CBJ is the first issue in a LONG time that does not have a Vue add in the back. I guess they don't need to any more now that they've met their sales goal. I'm guessing they are backing off the marketing for a while until the tower gets some height, then raise the prices and launch a new blitz.

This weeks CBJ is the first issue in a LONG time that does not have a Vue add in the back. I guess they don't need to any more now that they've met their sales goal. I'm guessing they are backing off the marketing for a while until the tower gets some height, then raise the prices and launch a new blitz.

This is also the traditional slow time for real estate so many developers pull ads for a month or so -- they tend to be a waste of money during the holidays and through January.

I was at last night's game...not a sellout by the way and I saw the same Vue Club. It was the Vue sponsoring a contest where 3 people had to fill out as many ballots as possible or whatever. And the winner with the most ballots completed won a free trip to Orlando with free tickets to see the Bobcats play the Magic.

as a side note, the crowd and atmosphere seemed dead at times. I went to the game with my brother and he said he could hear other people's conversations. I'm guessing he wasn't referring to a couple 10 seats away from us.

I was at last night's game...not a sellout by the way and I saw the same Vue Club. It was the Vue sponsoring a contest where 3 people had to fill out as many ballots as possible or whatever. And the winner with the most ballots completed won a free trip to Orlando with free tickets to see the Bobcats play the Magic.

as a side note, the crowd and atmosphere seemed dead at times. I went to the game with my brother and he said he could hear other people's conversations. I'm guessing he wasn't referring to a couple 10 seats away from us.

Come on, I was there. It wasn't that dead. It was average for an NBA game. We were up by double digits for more than half the game.

Ah, interesting, thanks.

As for the atmosphere, I completely agree. It's the least noisy NBA crowd I've ever seen -- even when the game is close. I can't imagine anyone who has attended games at other NBA venues characterizing this as a typical NBA atmosphere.