The Vue

cooperdawg

It boggles the mind that with all the overarching bad news, that The Vue has reached its final height and continues. I read the newsletter on their website and while it appears that they are still only 1/2 sold, they are confident in sales after the recession as no other high rise construction is in the pipeline. Perhaps Catalyst and The Park will eventually be competition, but they are different price points, so it seems there could be a decent product mix available in 2010 and 2011 for buyers after the economy has stabilized.

so it seems there could be a decent product mix available in 2010 and 2011 for buyers after the economy has stabilized.

IF the economy has stabilized. We keep hearing about this being the worst economy since the Great Depression. The effects of the Great Depression persisted for years. Obviously, this crisis is different, but we do not yet know how things will play out.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstorie...ory/919651.html

Holy crap. The O is reporting possible issues with the lenders and RJ Griffin was packing up heavy equipment. It is not confirmed that work has stopped, but if the innuendo proves true, then we'll have a much bigger eye sore than the Park. Hopefully it won't come to that and it is just a hiccup.

It is hard to imagine that this tower would top off and THEN have issues.

Apparently work has in fact halted at the site... As of 12 midnight Tuesday, work is to cease b/c the contractor, RJ Griffin, hasn't been paid since July. Can't say I blame them. Sucks, suck and sucks.... But just a reality in these economic times. There seems to be no leeway with loans. Some of the subcontractors were actually surprised by this b/c they were paid recently... So, I suppose it's a wait and see thing. I'm want to be optimistic about this project. It's 40 floors complete and would be far more of an eyesore if not completed than the Park ever would've been...

WBT said on the 11pm news that they talked to the developers today and were told this will not be another situation like The Park condos and that they fully intend to finish the project on time. Yeh, I know better than to believe hearsay like this but it does give a glimmer of hope that this will be resolved.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstorie...ory/919651.html

Holy crap. The O is reporting possible issues with the lenders and RJ Griffin was packing up heavy equipment. It is not confirmed that work has stopped, but if the innuendo proves true, then we'll have a much bigger eye sore than the Park. Hopefully it won't come to that and it is just a hiccup.

It is hard to imagine that this tower would top off and THEN have issues.

U have to be kidding me!!!!! :cry:

Am I crazy to be happy that prices will adjust and be move favorable/affordable for those who were originally priced out of uptown? There is a tremendous amount of inventory sitting, add 409 units to the existing inventory and everyone is going to think about slashing prices to get residents to move in. Catalyst, Park, EpiCenter when they get to condo time will all follow suit. Its too early to tell what will happen to The Vue but

let's be glad the initial loss is on a an out of town builder, and the benefit will be future Charlotte residents in the 'long term'.

Am I crazy to be happy that prices will adjust and be move favorable/affordable for those who were originally priced out of uptown? There is a tremendous amount of inventory sitting, add 409 units to the existing inventory and everyone is going to think about slashing prices to get residents to move in. Catalyst, Park, EpiCenter when they get to condo time will all follow suit. Its too early to tell what will happen to The Vue but

let's be glad the initial loss is on a an out of town builder, and the benefit will be future Charlotte residents in the 'long term'.

Actually, over half of these units were under contract, so more than likely it's less than 200 that would be hitting the market. I don't see how this building given the amenities and initial cost could become affordable for the average uptown condo seeker. Even if the worst case scenario happens and it's foreclosed and someone else comes along to pick it up. It's much further along than the Park ever was so doing an overhaul to greatly reduce the prices wouldn't work...Don't get me wrong, I'd love to own a unit, but what I'd want at the Vue is way out of my price range.