Friendly Center & The Shops at Friendly

StevenRocks

My hope is that Sears remains in the Friendly location for years. It has been a staple there for years and IMO fits nicely with the surrounding businesses. I dont see it moving or changing anytime soon. I really dont understand how people feel it is so sub par that it doesnt belong there (anymore) :dontknow:
I don't understand it either. Sears has seen better days, to be sure, but the Friendly Center store still does well and it's a landmark of sorts. I for one would miss it. It's the Sears I shop at most.

My hope is that Sears remains in the Friendly location for years. It has been a staple there for years and IMO fits nicely with the surrounding businesses. I dont see it moving or changing anytime soon. I really dont understand how people feel it is so sub par that it doesnt belong there (anymore) :dontknow:

I see what you mean. I've always loved that Sears especially at Christmas time.

:sick:

Hopefully they would consider a renovation such as this:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp...Sears_store.jpg

The problem with that store design is that it looks like every other Sears store in the country. It'll use any uniqueness if it goes for that design. The current white brick look is in the vein of Sears SouthPark which is since gone.

http://image12.webshots.com/13/2/82/84/152...84PRbhOW_ph.jpg

Now.. if we were to update/remodel the Sears Store at Friendly Center.. instead of going for that prototype look which is a little bland and similar to Southpoint's store.. I like this better

It's more unique and it keeps in line with the 70s theme (but it's just me personally). I love the clean sleek lines and the modern glass at this Sears in Wichita

DSC00089.JPG

Edited by DigitalSky

• 4 weeks later...

I hope CBL would keep Friendly Center up like it has been by Starmount. It's been my experience that they do well at first and then sort of forget about properties later on, Hanes Mall for example. I wish Starmount would've kept this in their portfolio, but I think I read somewhere that they were going to start unloading properties in order to build new ones.

CBL Properties may purchase the Friendly Center.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...RSTAFF/71004036

It's probably a done deal, but I wish they wouldn't. CBL doesn't do a a great job with their malls from a design or management standpoint. Although Alamance Crossing is an okay mall, Oak Hollow Mall is going to pot, Hanes Mall is already looking quite dated five years after its desecration, um, renovation, and my local Valley View Mall is stagnant even with a lifestyle addition.

CBL never owned Four Seasons. Koury sold it directly to General Growth properties. CBL sucks! Look how crapty Hanes and Oak Hollow look. This is not a good thing for greensboro.

Yeah, I wasn't sure whether they did or not. I just remember an ad around 2003 or 2004 that advertised Hanes, Oak Hollow, Randleman, and Four Seasons together. I'm surprised Starmount didn't sell Friendly Center to a company like Simon or Taubman. CBL doesn't have any experience (that I'm aware of) in dealing with upscale centers and they treat their properties like crap.