Pics of Greenville

krazeeboi

We at the Sierra Club along with Furman, Clemson, City of Greenville, neighborhood residents, Hands on Greenville, Fresh Market, and others just recently did a trail Maintence there and that's probably why your starting to see the english ivy die off some of the trees and why the trail is more wider than it was. We had about 30 people show up and lunch was provided free by the Fresh Market. Next time we do one, i'll post it on here to see if any of you are interested. We do one a couple of times a year.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys! I've got a few others I'll add later. There is something so special to me about the Fernwood Nature Trail. Some of the trees are very large and the undergrowth is beautifully natural - except for the horrifically invasive clearing recently done along the path. Fortunately it will grow back over time. I highly recommend taking a stroll through there while the leaves' colors are peaking. :shades:

More to come...

Nice photos, Mr. Peacock! You're developing some skills, dude! :thumbsup:

Skyliner: If you were wondering about my question, it was the darnedest thing... I took that photo of mine right after the Marathon/Half Marathon races. In spite of all of the race-related activity up on South Main Street, it was still a fairly quiet morning in Falls Park. I ventured down into the park to take a few photos. I snapped a couple off of that cascade under the little bridge and then I look up to the lawn above to see people waving at me. When I finally focus on them, I realize it's my next-door neighbors: vwsam, Mrs. vwsam, their daughter, and a friend of theirs visiting from Knoxville. Once again, it's a pretty darned small world.

• 2 weeks later...

The post above was created with the new Flock browser. I don't know how many of you are aware of it, but it's fantastic for those of us involved in blogging or who participated in discussion forums. It's based on the Firefox platform.

If you have a Flickr or Photobucket account, you can set it up so that your photo stream is visible across the top of the browser. You can drag and drop the photos right into your posts. It even handles BB code, as can be seen in the image above. Below is a screen capture of my blog interface with the photo stream on top. Those of you who post lots of pictures here might find this of interest.

309507047_b88826d6d3_d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived