► Miami/South Florida Photo of the Day ◄

Aessotariq

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I moved into my new place in Miami Beach and have some shots from my balcony to share.
Excellent pics from the Flamingo! I'm now the Sales Manager there, and couldn't be happier to be working in such a beautiful property. We are going to put millions into the rehab of the landscaping and balconies with architect Rockwell Group www.rockwellgroup.com they did Murano Grande, Nobu in NYC, the Kodak Theater in LA, Cirque du Soleil venues, etc. The Flamingo is going to get even better!

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing Shots!! I love going to those b-ball courts in the third pic. How did you enjoy your trip?

I was in town for the WMC and I had a fantastic time. That place was spectacular. One thing I did not enjoy was the price of beer. $20 for a mug of beer and $10 for a shot?! Ridiculous <_< . Needless to say I did not get drunk that night. :lol: The city was a lot wilder and busier than I expected and its frenectic pace reminded me a lot of New York actually. Last time I was in Miami I was 7 and needless to say a lot has changed in the past 20 years.

Some photos I took this last weekend from the parking garages of Sunset Place & Dadeland Mall

From Sunset Place in South Miami

view to Downtown:

001.jpg

trying to view Coral Gables but UM getting in the way:

002.jpg

view to Dadeland area:

003.jpg

The Biltmore:

004.jpg

Some construction going on across the street:

006.jpg

view to Key Biscayne:

007.jpg

From Dadeland Mall parking garage:

Colonnade Progress:

008.jpg

009.jpg

Dadeland Towers completed & ugly metrorail parking:

010.jpg

Toscano topped off & Metropolis...etc:

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

Progress of Downtown Dadeland:

014.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

All of the above pictures are PHENOMENAL!!! Thanks for sharing. I recently re-located to Orlando and seeing those pictures above are really making me miss Miami! I still have properties in Miami (including Metropolis at Downtown Kendall...hence my User Id.) and hope to some day live in Miami again, even if it's just 6 mos. out of the year (in retirement).

A walk from a parking lot north of 16th Street to American Airlinese Arena and Bayside Marketplace and back. (Yes, it's almost a mile each way) Construction sites aren't very pedestrian friendly, let's hope that the finished products are.

dscn02275da.jpg

MarinaBlue

dscn02288pn.jpg

MarinaBlue & Ten Museum Park

dscn02293hp.jpg

Sidewalk

dscn02311qm.jpg

Performing Arts Center

dscn02329wc.jpg

Sears Tower still standing

dscn02338te.jpg

PAC lit up

dscn02340qe.jpg

dscn02352rj.jpg

It's pretty scary to walk through these construction sites at night

dscn02375rj.jpg

Bayside Marketplace

dscn02396zz.jpg

dscn02406jj.jpg

Some of the latter pictures are a bit blurry... Driving + Night-time photography = not a great combination. =)

dscn02817aj.jpg

dscn02823zi.jpg

Looking up the MarinaBlue construction site (this picture doesn't do justice, it's a lot taller than it appears here)

dscn02846la.jpg

This is where I parked (it's free!) :rofl:

dscn02867kt.jpg

Very late at night...can get creepy

dscn02872ni.jpg

Construction work in front of the Art Institute...this city doesn't sleep anymore

dscn02882gn.jpg

Driving down Biscayne Boulevard past midnight

dscn02967ek.jpg

dscn02980gd.jpg

Citigroup building

dscn03035iq.jpg

Wachovia Financial Center

dscn03047sk.jpg

The Bank of America tower was red that night!

dscn0307a8ed.jpg

At street level...you can see the red BoA tower in the background

dscn0308a3pk.jpg

Archived