230 South Tryon

BryanH

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[....... The place is beautiful though, lots of wood, comfy chairs and booths (much better than the South Park ones), huge bar, 600+ wines, and a wine room that is really quite something. I had to brag a little, part of the business ;-) Come in and check it out, if you got any questions, I'll be checking Urban Planet every now and again too...or I'll be at Emerson-Joseph, love that place.

• 1 month later...

It may have been up for a while, but I was just passing by and saw the sign for K.O. Sushi. I like the sign...wonder what the K.O. stands for? Not sure when this opens, but will be nice to have another restaurant uptown.

charlotte native, how fabulous that you've made your home at 230 S. Tryon. It's such a lovely building, so classic and timeless.

So many new projects are coming online that perhaps 230 is being forgotten about.....it shouldn't be. It's a great example of a conversion that benefits everyone.

It is really good. I've been twice now. I won't say it is on the level of Nikko or Japanese "i", but for take out it is far superior to pre-packaged stuff at Harris Teeter or Dean and Deluca. They told me what KO stands for, but I can't remember...

Oh, also, large portions of the $ -- the salad was huge. Rolls have a least 8 pieces, at least the ones I've had did.

It is really good. I've been twice now. I won't say it is on the level of Nikko or Japanese "i", but for take out it is far superior to pre-packaged stuff at Harris Teeter or Dean and Deluca. They told me what KO stands for, but I can't remember...

Oh, also, large portions of the $ -- the salad was huge. Rolls have a least 8 pieces, at least the ones I've had did.

Someone told me that a unit in the 230 building recently sold for over $600 a square foot. I'm assuming the seller was a buyer and not the developer. Either way I was surprised at this information. I think it's great for uptown and shows our market is strong but I was still surprised. Trademark will be opening soon and will have another building putting units on the market. It's interesting to me to see what they're going for.

Someone told me that a unit in the 230 building recently sold for over $600 a square foot. I'm assuming the seller was a buyer and not the developer. Either way I was surprised at this information. I think it's great for uptown and shows our market is strong but I was still surprised. Trademark will be opening soon and will have another building putting units on the market. It's interesting to me to see what they're going for.

^It surprised me at first also. Then I got to thinking about the new uptown projects that are available for move in. Courtside is obviously available but isn't as close to Tryon Street as 230 ST or soon to be available Trademark.

If I was a banker moving here from NYC and I needed a place to live immediately my first stop would be 230 ST. In few years when the other uptown high rises start to open things could be different and in three or four years our market could potentially be saturated(although I don't think it will).

Anyone know what the one or two bedroom units rent for in 230 ST?

• 3 months later...

Archived