Charlotte Bobcats Arena

utcltjay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, mostly because we beat the lakers in december 133-124.

http://www.nba.com/games/20061229/LALCHA/boxscore.html

Oh don't forget we also beat them 106-97 in january

http://www.nba.com/games/20070126/CHALAL/boxscore.html

The 'Cats will make the playoffs next year, and thats when everyone will come. I have thoroughly enjoyed every game I've gone to, those boys fight like champions.

Funny, mostly because we beat the lakers in december 133-124.

http://www.nba.com/games/20061229/LALCHA/boxscore.html

Oh don't forget we also beat them 106-97 in january

http://www.nba.com/games/20070126/CHALAL/boxscore.html

The 'Cats will make the playoffs next year, and thats when everyone will come. I have thoroughly enjoyed every game I've gone to, those boys fight like champions.

Well, while on the topic of the Bobcats, I believe that next year we will be seeing at least two playoff games played in Charlotte. If not for the number of injuries the Bobcats experienced this year, they most likely would have made the playoffs as they finished the year only seven games out of the cut. I do agree that we need some sort of superstar to attract the big crowd. If Herrmann continues the success he had late in the year this year, he could become a star. Here's hoping that happens and Charlotte is able to hold onto him in the meantime. As people somehow begin to warm up on the idea of the Bobcats being here to stay, and they begin to see reasonable success in the next few years, the arena might become a very vibrant icon in Charlotte.

The Referendum happened a long time ago, and people still aren't over it. If we can keep Emeka, Carrol, Fabio, and Wallace, we'll be a sure in for next years playoffs. I just wish we could have given bernie another chance. He did a great job creating a team with nothing, and turning them into something. I have never seen so many no name players come together and play with so much heart, keep in mind that our "superstar" was a bench warmer with the sacramento kings 4 years ago. I honestly wish we would just play the draft again, and save up for an even better free agency year, I think this team could take us somewhere already.

The Referendum happened a long time ago, and people still aren't over it. If we can keep Emeka, Carrol, Fabio, and Wallace, we'll be a sure in for next years playoffs. I just wish we could have given bernie another chance. He did a great job creating a team with nothing, and turning them into something. I have never seen so many no name players come together and play with so much heart, keep in mind that our "superstar" was a bench warmer with the sacramento kings 4 years ago. I honestly wish we would just play the draft again, and save up for an even better free agency year, I think this team could take us somewhere already.

There's an article in the Bizjournal stating the Bobcats have signed a multiyear agreement with Ticketmaster as the exclusive provider of tickets for all events at the Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Ticketmaster will provide the arena with tickets, data management, season-subscriber seating and marketing programs.

There's an article in the Bizjournal stating the Bobcats have signed a multiyear agreement with Ticketmaster as the exclusive provider of tickets for all events at the Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Ticketmaster will provide the arena with tickets, data management, season-subscriber seating and marketing programs.

I still think they need to show they are willing to spend money. That can be done this offseason by resigning okafor or wallace and making a move to get a big name free agent that along with our two first rd draft picks and I think we can maybe make a run at the playoffs next year the East is such a weak conference. I however will have a sigh of relief once we sign that first big name free agent. Showing that Bob Jonhson is committed to winning.

I still think they need to show they are willing to spend money. That can be done this offseason by resigning okafor or wallace and making a move to get a big name free agent that along with our two first rd draft picks and I think we can maybe make a run at the playoffs next year the East is such a weak conference. I however will have a sigh of relief once we sign that first big name free agent. Showing that Bob Jonhson is committed to winning.

I give the eastern conference much more credit than anyone else, think about it this way. Just because their records are so close to eachother doesn't mean they are worse than the western conference. You know I never thought about getting kevin garnett, that would be amazing, the big ticket truely would sell just that, the big ticket. There is hope yet for next year guys, its going to be crazy. I'm looking forward to Next Year. Can you imagine, walking to the scaleybark station, getting a bite to eat, and hopping on the South LRT and buying a ticket to the 'cats show.

I give the eastern conference much more credit than anyone else, think about it this way. Just because their records are so close to eachother doesn't mean they are worse than the western conference. You know I never thought about getting kevin garnett, that would be amazing, the big ticket truely would sell just that, the big ticket. There is hope yet for next year guys, its going to be crazy. I'm looking forward to Next Year. Can you imagine, walking to the scaleybark station, getting a bite to eat, and hopping on the South LRT and buying a ticket to the 'cats show.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know about attendence per se. I think the numbers have been decent in regards to their record. I know the arena was just voted as best sports venue in Charlotte by the readers of Charlotte Magazine (which sortof surprised me since there still seem to be so many who can't seem to let go of the fact the arena was built in the first place).

I actually found this topic so I could ask...any news on a naming rights deal? It's really hard to believe this thing hasn't picked up a sponsor yet. Especially since for a while the Bobcats were saying it would be any time now and that they were in serious negotiations with un-named companies, blah, blah, blah. Stuff like that is irritating when it turns out to be so obviously untrue.

There is no doubt success and attendance is correlated. The Panthers are currently the hot ticket in this town. If the Panthers have a few 7-9 seasons and the Bobcats find themselves in the middle of the eastern conference playoff picture, you can count on a bunch of the corporations investing in some bobcats arena suites and seats instead of BofA stadium tickets. Casual fans will also become more interested. Bobcats games will become a place to 'be seen', which is a very big part of Charlotte's white collar culture. Attendance will be great as soon as the team is more successful on the court.

Indeed. And this drives home the point that spending $300M to scrap a perfectly good arena to be replaced by one downtown has done nothing to get people interested in the NBA, build team spirit in the community, nor make downtown a more vibrant place.

The $300M represents a huge opportunity lost to have done something much more interesting for the the public at large. A public, which BTW, voted not to have a new arena. The politicians who sold themselves out to the NBA should have paid attention to what the people wanted. If anything, they could have used this money to build a huge capped park over I-277 which seems to be more desired these days than a ticket to the Bobcats.

I don't know how many home games there are... 40? 40 is better than 0. That's all. It's an investment. Not everyone agrees in investing in the same way. That's why we don't live in Mayberry. We like to be a part of something that is larger than just us.

Archived