TallySheet

bobliocatt

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:sick:NYC Doorman Suspended for Bad Breath :sick:

NEW YORK (AP) -- A Manhattan doorman has been suspended for having bad breath. Jonah Seeman, who has been ushering tenants into a four-building complex on East 89th Street for 40 years, was told not to come to work Friday because of halitosis.

Seeman said he has stopped eating garlic, uses mouthwash and takes breath mints on the job.

The Brooklyn resident, who supports his 81-year-old mother, has been suspended twice before for bad breath - one day in May and then again in July.

"His job, which he does well, is opening the door - not to be opening his mouth," said Adam Reingold.

Officials with Cooper Square Realty, the management company that oversees the property, did not return calls seeking comment. But the company sent the doorman a letter dated Nov. 21, stating: "We can no longer tolerate the fact that you have severe breath odor while on duty."

Source: TDO.com

State Song Debacle

"Way down upon the Suwanee River... Far, Far, away!"

What's wrong with the people of Florida and what's the true reason behind the governor's support for a change. Yesterday in the paper they made it seem as if this were a move to please the African Americans of Florida but I'll tell you this, I'm not pleased. It may be because of my North Florida Roots, but I like our current state song and I don't want it changed.

How do you all feel about this whole mess?

2 tunes from South Florida among finalist

Edited by Florida

State Song Debacle

"Way down upon the Suwanee River... Far, Far, away!"

What's wrong with the people of Florida and what's the true reason behind the governor's support for a change. Yesterday in the paper they made it seem as if this were a move to please the African Americans of Florida but I'll tell you this, I'm not pleased. It may be because of my North Florida Roots, but I like our current state song and I don't want it changed.

How do you all feel about this whole mess?

2 tunes from South Florida among finalist

The song in it's orginal verse is pretty harsh IMHO. I'd be more in favor of just changing a few of the words and let that version be our official song. ANYTHING is better than the 3 choices they are giving us. They all are simply boring and lackluster! Anyone heard the Charles Atkin's song FL's Song which was used by Charlie at his inauguration? It's much better than those 3 choices. Or heck use a Jimmy Buffet or a Tom Petty song....anything but those 3.

The song in it's orginal verse is pretty harsh IMHO. I'd be more in favor of just changing a few of the words and let that version be our official song. ANYTHING is better than the 3 choices they are giving us. They all are simply boring and lackluster! Anyone heard the Charles Atkin's song FL's Song which was used by Charlie at his inauguration? It's much better than those 3 choices. Or heck use a Jimmy Buffet or a Tom Petty song....anything but those 3.

This is the Governor trying to please all people. This song is fine. FL, your version is how I was taught it in school.

But if we have to change it, Im all for Jimmy Buffett. Floridays would be my first choice for obvious reasons. Then maybe Tin Cup Chalice, or Margaritaville.

The 3 choices are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!