Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to take over the thread im just looking for some oppinions. Ive posted this picture of Comerica Park on here before, but I recieved some suggestions on altering it so I gave it a whirl. Im just curious what you guys feel is the stronger photo, or which one you prefer. I think im leaning towards the new one but im not sure.

If you want to see the photos larger you can check out my flickr photostream. Link provided in my signature.

Thanks

old version

159030751_92b653910e.jpg

new version

207636293_822dcf896b.jpg

Edited by Zissou

I like the old version better, although those cars draw my eye.

If I had to guess why I'd say it's the contrasting car colors.

I like how the old one has more sky. When you're in a stadium, when you look away from the game it's all sky, and everything is really big and open. I think having more sky makes it feel more baseball-ish.

oh yeah, for the photo you took on Gratiot, stott looks darker at the top, and I don't think it should do that. But even still, a great picture.

Im not trying to take over the thread im just looking for some oppinions. Ive posted this picture of Comerica Park on here before, but I recieved some suggestions on altering it so I gave it a whirl. Im just curious what you guys feel is the stronger photo, or which one you prefer. I think im leaning towards the new one but im not sure.

If you want to see the photos larger you can check out my flickr photostream. Link provided in my signature.

Thanks

old version

159030751_92b653910e.jpg

new version

207636293_822dcf896b.jpg

i like them both, but i like the 2nd one a little more. This photo made me have to ask something though, are they ever going to build something on those parking lots? would be an exellent location for retail/ resaurants, being as it is right next to the ball park.

edit- and thank you guys for the complements on that photo. appreciate it.

Edited by dtown

Eventually as the entire Grand Circus area grows and fills up that land will be developed. So when the Broderick has people, Whitney is done, and if Quicken moves to Statler, I can see that piece of land becoming very marketable. As of right now though its probably much more valuable as a parking lot.

Yeah, that is one of the lots that's been a parking lot forever. There used to be houses there, but they were gone by about 1930...replaced with a parking lot. There was a parking garage somewhere in the area back then too...my friend has the blueprints for it...but we can't figure out where exactly it was.

I would absolutely love to see the lots around the State filled in. It would be nice to see some 10-15 story buildings on those locations and maybe some development, even if only on the Woodward side, on those parking lots next to Comerica Park. It would be nice to build up some density on Woodward in this area.

I can't believe you never posted this shot from your Flickr album, dtown:

203664837_d2f49fc86e_b.jpg

I never realized how clear the view is to the MCS. It makes a good bookend from this view, and amazing sightline. Man, I could see the lots on either side of the State as towers in the future.

you know, actually i meant to post that but forgot. i never realized how good you could see mcs either.

i would love to see some mid rises, or high rises built on those parking lots.they should do the one on the left first, just to pi$$ off Cadillac,lol.

on a side note, what are those tower cranes for?

Edited by dtown

also, i have a few Detroit photos to share

first off- nighttime view down a street, i forgot what street it was.

211569556_88b92bd0fd_b.jpg

second, a shot of the whales being covered up.

211569555_1a4df52118_b.jpg

when they renovate that, are they going to add some more windows? because the side of it could really use some, lol.

Edited by dtown