Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that any building planned for the south side of Trademark will hide much more than the lower floors. It would be nice if the market could support a taller building on that site. However, there is not much room for parking and amenities and I think Furman's plan, according to someone earlier in the thread, is to use Trademark's pool, etc. That mean's even Furman did not expect an equivalently sized building on that block.

I find the back of Trademark to be mediocre, but not awful. The very top is the part that I have a problem with. I personally find the darker color to be more interesting than the white in the renderings. Of course, I certainly would prefer it wasn't EIFS, as I wish that stuff would be banned here, but that seems to be standard these days. Having the lower floor as concrete blocks makes it far nicer on the ground level at least. The top of the building will be visible for a long time, and is just ugly.

It would be great if the homeowners could get together and get some solar panels to be installed over some of the EIFS section, but we all know the likelihood of something like that happening.

I walked around the site yesterday walking home from the grocery store. They finally have taken down the barriers at the sidewalk. I didn't realize there were storefront slots on the west facing street level part of the building. The restaurant space on the front looks great and it looks like there will be another retail slot on the northeast corner. The planting squares for trees are in and there are a handful of planting strips. Overall I got really excited about how the street level space will look and the activity that will be there when this is all done.

The brick in front of Trademark indeed is a nice touch to our cities sidewalks. It looks to be unibrick, a nice alteration to brick ways, adding various colors, shapes, and sizes per brick. That area will really appretiate some restraunts and street retail.

As far as the backside of the building, I still stand that I think it's decent. It's not the best job, but it doesn't bother me. I think the front looks awesome, I love its style. As far as the back, the fact that it compliments the front adds that interest to me, and the fact that the building doesn't look like any other building in Charlotte (aside from Courtside, kind of).

It is definitely cool, but I wonder why they would build the glass block walls. It seems like it would be good, as a resident, to have the choice to make it one big room, or use piece of room-dividing furniture to separate the sleeping from the living areas. You could then have flexibility in how to size each part.

Just curious...will you make the actual "Master" bedroom your bedroom or the one that was in a totally separate room? I would personally have a little issue making my master bedroom the one separated by a glass wall where everyone could basically see in.

I went to see my unit on Friday. I have a G unit. My floor plan is different but I also have a glass wall that did not go to the top of the ceiling. I paid extra $ to have them build it to the top. I'm told it's the only unit in the building that has that feature. Next time I'm there I'll try and remember to take pics. For what it's worth the unit exceeded my expectations.

Archived