Trademark

49er

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking through the webcams and noticed that the one at University was pointed towards downtown. Trademark has really made an impact from that angle as the skyline is now much wider:

I've noticed a number of angles where Trademark shows up that I really like. Coming up Mint from Wilmore it is directly in front, from 77, from 277 -- all around I really like what this is doing to the skyline.

I was looking through the webcams and noticed that the one at University was pointed towards downtown. Trademark has really made an impact from that angle as the skyline is now much wider:

post-1-1160512331_thumb.jpg

That is is a great shot of the city. The Avenue is also going to fill in the "gap". I am really digging this. Add the VUE and a few others and vola' picture perfect. Now we just need to keep adding low and mid rises in the wedges and get rid of some of those pesky parking lots.

Thanks for the great shot Neo.

A2

• 2 weeks later...

i love this building. the view from brookshire/277 and 77 is stunning. all the glass reflecting really brightens up that end of trade. also, even though trademark used EFIS - @ least it's dark in color... that creamy brown, mauve, toupe, biege is played out. bravo, furman!

Yes, it is me : even if no longuer participate on the forum (probably because, since I do not live in Charlotte, I really don't now know what to say in a serious discussion, and the only things I can say is something like "that seems great, I like it!" when I see a new project, which is not something extremly usefull to add in a discussion...) I am still coming around here and on other skycraper forums at least once peer week to see what is going around, so I am quite aware of all the projects going in Charlotte, and quite happy to see Trademark rising on the CentercityInn (or whatever was that hotel's name) site.

I can't wait to return to Charlotte to visit my family and have a new look to the downtown, maybe when they'll start building the new Wachovia tower.

Anyway : great work Charlotte! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, its basically topped out now, you can make out the "fin" part of the roof on the left side from street level now.

trademarkfront.jpg

And it looks good from a few floors up too.

trademarkzoom.jpg

And it looks good next to Carillon

trademarkprofile.jpg

And the view is nice too from Trademark. On a clear day you can easily see South Mountains State Park...about 40 miles away from Charlotte.

trademarkviewow.jpg

I think the fin will look bigger when all the forms hanging off the floor below are gone. The scale seems right to me from another look at the renderings. But I could be wrong, and Furman has cut some costs by reducing the fin a bit. I hope not, as I liked that a lot, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived