Ballantyne

underoak

10 hours ago, DEnd said:

I guarantee you they have a an expansion plan, and that site has plenty of room.  To put in into perspective Presbyterian's main campus is about 63 acres, and that includes a 3 story hospital and the land banking west of Hawthorne .  Heck take out the surface parking on the site and they are darn near the same size.  Presby is over 600 beds plus whatever the ortho hospital has, and something like 8 MOBs.  Granted the Ballantyne site has storm water issues so it will never get that dense, but there is plenty of room to expand when the time comes. 

That intersection is already a disaster. I can’t imagine what it’ll be like after this hospital is finished. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 10:11 AM, KJHburg said:

New Novant Ballantyne hospital breaks ground.  Novant Health starts construction on Ballantyne hospital - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)   Looks like it is 4 stories. 

This hospital is 36 beds plus a couple of operating rooms.

In Holly Springs a south Wake County town they are getting a 7 story hospital wonder why they don't build a little taller here?  This photo is 50 bed UNC Rex Hospital in Holly Springs

I think that neighborhood push back also may have come into play here as well if the building was proposed too tall.  Right now even this 4 Story building will not be visible above the existing tree canopy but a 7 story structure would be.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, easzman said:

Noticed the old Vine restaurant along Johnston was being demolished. Any word why? This building was cursed as it never seemed like any dining concept could last there.

Literally it could be for a bank branch like Chase maybe.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.397a8f32ad7f7e36f87f317fa0dd0b93.png

I suspect this is just a bridge step as Northwood moves towards densification of the corporate park, I can't imagine it would be financially feasible to keep all 100 acres as park space.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

This is a temporary measure opening the former golf course and its cart paths as a path.  There will be parkland in the valley between the existing hotel and Ballantyne Corp Center Drive.  As this reimagined will take years to come together this is a good idea.  They are doing infrastructure work now the new roads that will connect and make somewhat of a grid pattern. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...