The Good News Report

atlrvr

Big hiring news from Red Ventures. Looks like they're mainly after inside sales reps for their call center. Decent compensation for minimal-skilled workers. Still nice to see strong and sustained growth from one of the region's tech companies.  

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article26959474.html

This isn't meant as a jab at you, more so at the Observer.  But that's about the 5th article I've seen touting "big hiring news" for Red Ventures.  The reality is that RV is a churn and burn sales company that is constantly hiring.  I'm not saying that's bad or good, I have some good friends who work there and love it.  But much like say, Enterprise Rent-a-car, they hire college students, murder them with long hours and grueling work and only a few stick around.  The others find a better gig after a couple months of experience.

I hated working at Red Ventures, and like you said, it is a churn and burn atmosphere, but they are definitely an asset for the community.

For the non-sales positions, they bring in some good talent, train it up very well, then send it out into the Charlotte workforce when those people get burnt out. I'm sure quite a few new companies have been founded by talent that went through RV.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more info on Dimensional:

The project will include the following:

$98 million in capital investment ($88 million for a new regional headquarters facility and $10 million in technology, machinery, and furniture and fixtures)

316 new jobs over five years (85% locally hired and 15% relocated) with an average annual wage of $154,000 (318% of the regional average wage)

New jobs will be in the areas of financial advising, portfolio management, research, compliance, trading, and corporate operating positions in legal, finance, and executive leadership.

Apparantly, they were considering expanding in Austin, or also looked at York County, SC.

• 2 weeks later...

A little more news on this from Cousins earnings call:

Building will be 235k/sq ft.

DFA will lease 100% of the space.

Ownership will be 50/50 between Cousins and DFA.

They will announce the specific site within a few weeks. (only hint was "will be an urban submarket", which we all suspected, but good to hear the developer confirm this)

DFA has leased 50k sq ft in the Fifth Third center for 3 years to use as temporary space (looking at their webiste, there are 3 sales jobs already posted)

Construction on the new building will be 3rd quarter 2016.

• Like 1

They will announce the specific site within a few weeks. (only hint was "will be an urban submarket", which we all suspected, but good to hear the developer confirm this)

DFA has leased 50k sq ft in the Fifth Third center for 3 years to use as temporary space (looking at their webiste, there are 3 sales jobs already posted)

What if they take everyone for a loop and build in FreeMoreWest haha. But no this is all good news for sure! 

Yep - 3 postings for several positions most likely at each level

Unless I'm talking about the wrong company, Red Ventures is the company with that fancy-ass HQ a ways from Ballentyne?

I will admit, I was pretty flabbergasted when I got into the building. Bowling arcade bottom, at least three little snack snack bars and restaurants, massive buildings with tons of interior space.

Though I remember this general advice from SCAD : "If they are offering free messages, meals, and cute things at the office, it means you will probably be working in the building longer than you would like".

Another North American HQ of a German company.

http://www.packworld.com/machinery/bagging-amp-formfillseal/schubert-group-finds-new-hq-charlotte

Current US HQ is in suburban Dallas, TX.  Moving to Charlotte with room for 30 people.  Their German HQ is located approx 1/2 way between Frankfurt and Munich.

The new location enables a better geographic connection to both Germany and Canada and benefits from a well-established infrastructure. Office space for approximately 30 employees, a large warehouse for spare parts, a machine room, and a training facility will be operational beginning October 2015.

• Like 1

Charlotte's zoning maps have been updated and are now a hybrid with google maps.

Presentation is much cleaner and information is easier to find.

Edited by mazman34340