Scott

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like that one, IC! Nice job!

Here's a shot of Royal Street in the French Quarter:

DSC_0394border.jpg

Great work here, NCB! It's a great street scene! Where's all the people, though?

I'm glad you like my pic of Atlanta. It was taken the night before the big storm we had yesterday hit. I happened to be intown hoping to take some shots of the city in the rain. I didn't get much rain, but there sure was a lot of fog!

It's part of a photo thread I'll be organizing soon--just as soon as I finish up my photo threads of the Georgia Capitol!

Great work here, NCB! It's a great street scene! Where's all the people, though?

Right behind me, and further up the street. There was a group of about 20 Notre Dame fans that passed right before I took that picture, and as I walked further up Royal it got more and more active. Though it was only about 9:00 in the morning when I took this picture, so most people were either still in their hotels, at home, or at work. Later on in the afternoon however, every street in the city was packed.

Right behind me, and further up the street. There was a group of about 20 Notre Dame fans that passed right before I took that picture, and as I walked further up Royal it got more and more active. Though it was only about 9:00 in the morning when I took this picture, so most people were either still in their hotels, at home, or at work. Later on in the afternoon however, every street in the city was packed.

Ah, so it was in the morning. That explains why the streets looked the way they did. I'm guessing the city was packed for the Sugar Bowl. Did the parties last long afterwards?

Edited by ironchapman

Ah, so it was in the morning. That explains why the streets looked the way they did. I'm guessing the city was packed for the Sugar Bowl. Did the parties last long afterwards?

Yea, the city was filled with something like 85,000 LSU and Notre Dame fans. And after LSU won, Bourbon Street didn't stop partying...well, at all! There are still lots of LSU fans as well as some Notre Dame fans down on Bourbon now, of course the fans of the latter team are drinking for a different reason! ;)

Looking up at the Space Needle - Seattle:

CIMG4949.jpg

Wow, that's cool. I haven't been to Seattle and I'm really not a fan of these oddly-shaped observation towers, but this is a cool shot. The trees in the foreground kind of give the impression that it's just sitting out in a field somewhere, not in the middle of a city as large as Seattle.

Those last two photos by durham_rtp and SBCMetroguy just rock! Philly's one of those cities that I've been longing to visit and haven't. I've crossed NYC, Boston, DC, and Baltimore off of my list, but Philly is still there awaiting a mark. I've gotta take care of that before long. Shreeveport (or Shreevesport, as my grand-father-in-law calls it) is beautiful! I fully intend to drop off of I-20 for an hour or two this spring to look around. Nice sepia, Brian!