Charlotte area "ring cities"

krazeeboi

Honestly, some times of the day even 27 at Mt. Holly is an easier cross of the Catawba. But getting to that bridge if you come from 485 and not Brookshire/Mt. Holly-Huntersville is even worse than that. One-lane and far past capacity.

Neither aids the southern reaches that much. I think only the new road would truly help the region not choke at rushes, otherwise one traffic snarl / accident makes a new lane or wider bridge moot.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

How serious is Gaston co about light rail? Has there been any serious talk beyond "we'd like that" ?

I have heard our city commissioners (Cramerton) mention it in several meetings over the past year.  This included presentations that had fiscal and development studies attached to it.  I cannot speak for Belmont, Mt. Holly or Gastonia, but I have heard enough out and about that Belmont is focused on bringing the light rail (at the very least initially) to their part of the county.  Anything beyond that to Gastonia would have to be a partnership between the towns (Cramerton, Lowell and McAdenville) that would have it go through their city/town limits.  I would venture a good guess that there is some healthy conversation on it as they need to discuss costs now since we all know that whatever cost structures are being discussed now will certainly increase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...