XXIX Olympics, Beijing, China

dkst0426

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a big olympic nut as well. Track, Swimming, soccer, all the fighting sports, sailing (my cousin is the womans 470 skipper)

I went to the winter games once and it was the time of my life. I cant wait untill I can get to another olympic games since I think it brings out what is best about our world. everyone from all over the world competeing and sharing cultures at the same time. being there in person is a special experience and I suggest everyone try and make it once in their lifetime.

What a remarkable opening ceremony it was. Truly a wonderful advertisement for Chinese culture, and very tastefully done, unlike some of the previous attempts at "art." I can't wait to watch the torch lighting in all its high-def glory tonight on NBC. I don't want to give anything away, suffice to say it was one of the most stunning lightings I've ever seen.

I'll post pics later. I've been hunting down lots.

I care very little for opening ceremonies.

I gotta say I love swimming anf last night the mens 4X100 was a great race to watch. nice upset victory for the U.S.

Also my cousin started sailing last night/this morning.

she did poorly. very poorly for her, so I am pretty bummed. in her first two races she came in 14th and 12th respectively. I hope they rally and have a great end to their regatta. but usually with a start that bad they are unlikely to get the gold. 8 more races to go.

I have to just be thrilled for her that she made the olympics, but I know that on any given day she can beat all of the women she is racing. I was seriously hoping for a medal.

Also my cousin started sailing last night/this morning.

she did poorly. very poorly for her, so I am pretty bummed. in her first two races she came in 14th and 12th respectively. I hope they rally and have a great end to their regatta. but usually with a start that bad they are unlikely to get the gold. 8 more races to go.

I have to just be thrilled for her that she made the olympics, but I know that on any given day she can beat all of the women she is racing. I was seriously hoping for a medal.

The US Men's Basketball Team; "The Redeem Team" is looking mighty impressive routing their opponets!

*Opening with a 101-70 Win over China; Angola 97-76; avenging some World Games loses by whipping Greece 92-69; dominating Spain 119-82; smashing Germany 106-57; and overmatching Austrailia 116-85 a team that was supposed to give them a good game!

Now it's on to the Semi-Finals for the U.S.A vs. Argentina; the Winner advances to the Gold Medal game.

How bout' 6'-5" Jamaican sprinter "insane" Usain "Lightning" Bolt blasting World Record Times in the 100 meters 9.69 where he let up at the end; and 19.3 in the 200 meters!!! The human version of the cheetah; the races weren't even close!

the irish olympic team came home yesterday to a heroes welcome as a lot of them did quite well over in china

especially the boxing team

we got three medals in the boxing which is excellent considering these guys really are amateurs

they dont have sponsorship deals or buckets of government money to keep them going, like the guys from the bigger countries

so they can be extra proud of themselves i think

Archived