I-30 Extension From Arkansas to Hitlon Head, SC

This is suggested as an alternative to the much opposed I-3 in northeast GA. This I-30 extension could be a great 'north southern states' freeway providing a link all of the way to the Atlantic ocean and to nearby Georgia's growing sea ports. It is discussed in this post as a part of a new round of Interstate development for the growing Southeastern U.S.

I-30.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is suggested as an alternative to the much opposed I-3 in northeast GA. This I-30 extension could be a great 'north southern states' freeway providing a link all of the way to the Atlantic ocean and to nearby Georgia's growing sea ports. It is discussed in this post as a part of a new round of Interstate development for the growing Southeastern U.S.

I-30.jpg

I don't really like the idea of diverting I-30 away from Little Rock, although this extention could really help Pine Bluff. However, like other projects like I-49 and I-69, I don't think anything like this will be completed in the near future. I think the I-69 extension should be a higher priority, as it would make it a lot easier/faster to get to Houston from the mid-South.

I-30.jpg

Wow. This is ridiculous.

I (sort of) get the leg between Memphis and Atlanta, though why offer that when the current route between Tupelo and Atlanta is already set, it just goes further south - through Birmingham (duh!!!). So what does this serve other than passing through Montgomery?

But what's the point of the link between Arkadelphia and Tupelo? Who would ever take that? First of all, it doesn't appear to be all that much shorter of a route than just going through LR and Memphis. Second, WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD THIS ROUTE SERVE? If you're trying to link Dallas to Atlanta, you'll take I-20. This is just bizarre. It would cost billions, and for what purpose exactly?

Archived