South of France Photo Thread

tombarnes

I'll be posting various pictures from the south of France from a trip in December, 2007. I'll begin with a shot of the Carlton in Cannes.

2207094588_b1cbc2346c.jpg

A view from the Carlton on La Croisette...

2206302665_cb194c1548.jpg

The Hotel Majestic in Cannes

2206289695_d19e7e965a.jpg

An addition to the Hotel Majextic under demolition. The hotel is currently under renovation.

2206288389_7844fcc165.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe that this photo was taken in December! I think this is the eastern part of Cannes before La Croisette Cape. The hills rise just behind the buildings, at right is the neighbourhood called La Californie.

La Croisette Beach is very select, a friend tell me she saw women sunbathing there with their jewels! Or it was at Bijou Plage (Jewel Beach), situated at the point of La Croisette Cape ?

Beyond those hills is Super Cannes and, further, the city of Vallauris famous for its ceramics, a city where Jean Marais a major French actor and Picasso lived.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived