Amway Center

bic

Quoted from castorvx: Well they fixed the light but now the spire is off.

Great new pic! Thanks, especially with the police car on I4! Been down to the Amway Experience Center on the 2nd floor of The Exchange yet? So super great to see all the store fronts inside again. And cleaned up for that matter! Brings back the old days walking around in there.

I didn't know there was even anything in the Exchange at this point.

I rode my bike by the arena this morning. It is really looking good in that whole area. As large as it is, it blends well with the environment. It even made the Wellsbuilt Museum look better.

Regarding the awnings across the street, they were installing new ones this morning. It looks like they will be more industrial to match the arena. They were also about to install a sign at the front "entrance" by ticketing, that said Orlando Magic Team Store and a logo for Adidas. I wonder how much that contract is worth and would it be going to the Magic or the City of Orlando.

I can't wait for the open house.

City to install new kind of lighting around Amway Center

The City of Orlando is trying a different type of street lighting around the new Amway Center. According to planner, more than 100 of the street lights are needed in and around the new events center and home to the Orlando Magic.

FOX's take on the Amway Center lighting

Edited by DeepEyez

^Proof of principle that this arena is already changing the perception of Parramore -- someone is out walking around at night!

All these pictures are fantastic. This arena is hot!

Thank you,

Hardly that's why I only shot from one side. To many bums to feel safe I kept the camera detached from tripod to use as a weapon while I was being followed back to my car. It was of course 4 am.

Edited by solaricfission

Well one thing is for certain, Disney has taken a renewed interest in all things Orlando. Could it be the recession?

It has been an evolution. When the Disney folks first came out from California, they wanted nothing to do with us - they were creating an entirely new, um, World. It has changed over the decades, bit by bit, especially as Dick Nunis had come to spend more time in central Florida than he did in southern Cali (and after retiring came to head the UCF Board of Trustees - interestingly, that's when UCF began to separate themselves from the city, but that's another topic for another day.) Al Weiss is from central Florida, but he was never really part of the downtown crowd; Disney is his life for the most part, with his church and other activities (like Little League) in Kissimmee.

The difference and the culmination is current WDW prez Meg Crofton. She's long been more active in town than most others and it shows. Also a shout out to Judson Green and his wife. Thankfully, Disney is acting more and more like a corporate HQ these days as it relates to Orlando than, in contrast, Lockheed Martin ever has. This is a very good thing.