Hampton Inn and suites

vdogg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:rofl:

Do you guys think they are legit?

It'd be great to get a 180' building that far from the traditional main street skyline.. DO you guys think it'd' improve the skyline from any angles? From Portsmouth? 264? Medical center?

Where's the parking gonna be?

I'm not so sure about this project anyways, I don't see how they could put the lot up for sale and still be going through the development process.

:rofl:

Do you guys think they are legit?

It'd be great to get a 180' building that far from the traditional main street skyline.. DO you guys think it'd' improve the skyline from any angles? From Portsmouth? 264? Medical center?

Where's the parking gonna be?

I'm not so sure about this project anyways, I don't see how they could put the lot up for sale and still be going through the development process.

HH is 190ft, so it'll have about the same presence. It'll dominate from street level but won't have a significant impact on the overall skyline. I actually do think it's legit now. This is an awful lot of time and money to go through for a farce.

• 4 weeks later...

According to this DNCL report dated june 2009, this project is currently working on getting a building permit. In other words, it appears that financing or what ever issues they ran into have been settled and this building will indeed be constructed.

All signs point to this building being constructed despite previous reports from the pilot.

The Pilot reported in April the lot was put up for sale. On June 26 the DNC reported the developer is working on getting a building permit. Around that same time we discovered jbdenny's has elaborate site plans and architecutural drawings which have recently been updated.. Good chance this thing gets built.

All signs point to this building being constructed despite previous reports from the pilot.

The Pilot reported in April the lot was put up for sale. On June 26 the DNC reported the developer is working on getting a building permit. Around that same time we discovered jbdenny's has elaborate site plans and architecutural drawings which have recently been updated.. Good chance this thing gets built.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay this is bull**** now.

The federal gov't has essentially destroyed all the progress we have been making in the past couple years.

They screwed up a 34 story condo tower (it will be decades until we have something like that proposed again!), and NOW

They are taking the land from Raj Randeria, the developer of the Hampton Inn.

Randeria said he doesn't want money and doesn't want to go to court - he wants to develop his hotel

This is complete, total, and utter BS! I am at an absolute loss for words right now! They have just single handedly killed all development in that portion of downtown and taken 2 prime lots off the tax rolls to boot. There has to be some way to fight this. This city will take a direct, substantial, and permanent economic hit from a government that claims it's doing everything possible to promote economic growth. They should be required to reimburse the city for any and all tax dollars that would have been generated over the life of both projects. :angry:

Btw Varider, please post a link to the article.

I was just about to go to bed too when I read this. Now i'm so angry I can't sleep, lol. Man this irritates me to no end. How big does this damn courthouse have to be anyway? Whatever happened to the plan they had to build up instead of out and actually be good neighbors to the city? Can congress stop this? Who has the authority to reign these idiots in? If you are a Norfolk official who helped campaign for Obama last year, I say now is the time to start calling in your chips. ;)

I was just about to go to bed too when I read this. Now i'm so angry I can't sleep, lol. Man this irritates me to no end. How big does this damn courthouse have to be anyway? Whatever happened to the plan they had to build up instead of out and actually be good neighbors to the city? Can congress stop this? Who has the authority to reign these idiots in? If you are a Norfolk official who helped campaign for Obama last year, I say now is the time to start calling in your chips. ;)

The site of the failed Granby Tower condominium project isn't the only land the federal government covets. Raj Randeria, a Norfolk hotel developer who had planned to build a 15-story Hampton Inn on Brambleton Avenue adjacent to the Granby Tower site, said federal officials have told him they're going to seize his land, too.

Archived