Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite skyline shots:

3560133345_c87d7c7e15_b.jpg

Can we please make this the new picture on the Charlotte city forum page? our skyline is under-represented in the current photo due to the construction that has taken place over the past couple years. Also there are the new angles for photos that some of our board members have gotten the opportunity to shoot from that have really presented us with some great pictures. This is my favorite embodying those changes.

Can we please make this the new picture on the Charlotte city forum page? our skyline is under-represented in the current photo due to the construction that has taken place over the past couple years. Also there are the new angles for photos that some of our board members have gotten the opportunity to shoot from that have really presented us with some great pictures. This is my favorite embodying those changes.

If someone wants to submit a new image for the main Charlotte page then I'd be glad to replace what is currently there. I need the size to be 300x225 pixels, but if you don't know how to resize then I can do this part for you. Just send the photo as an attachment to neo[at]urbanplanet[dot]org.

If someone wants to submit a new image for the main Charlotte page then I'd be glad to replace what is currently there. I need the size to be 300x225 pixels, but if you don't know how to resize then I can do this part for you. Just send the photo as an attachment to neo[at]urbanplanet[dot]org.

Awesome, thank you. Now, I'm not a photographer, any of you out there that routinely photograph the skyline have one you'd be willing to submit?

As Jackie Chan said, "We can hang in my crib. I will show you my 'hood. " Graham Street:

3695080324_d2ac4b89f4_o.jpg

My neighborhood. Sometimes it gets a bad rap, but not all of us are cool enough to live Myers Park or Dilworth. :shades:

Off Topic, but speaking of your hood (or the area), I drove down Statesville avenue when I was in town temporarily and noticed that they have done lots to make the road and area a little better looking. It all seemed beautified, with some new trees, sidewalks, and some great upkeep, I was very impressed. To bring this back on topic, you must have quite the view :-) this part of town offers one of the most unique and dense in all of charlotte!

Edited by Guest

A certain bike messenger showed me a cool spot on the 5th floor above Dean & Deluca on Tryon. A nice outdoor patio area with wrap around walkway. Also, yesterday I got to sneak a few views from atop Hearst, One Wachovia, Three Wachovia, and Charlotte Plaza, but no photos were permitted. Nevertheless, it was pretty cool.

3710927676_336a22d8e0_o.jpg

Ok, so what was the big secret?

Haha. Well, a bicycle messenger I know was able to get some some visitor passes to go up with him to pick up and deliver some packages for legal firms. I was told the firms preferred no video or photography. Nevertheless, the views were amazing. The Hearst tower has an interesting system where they actually take your photo and print off a visitor pass with your photo on it. One Wachovia has some cool elevators where you use a touchpad outside the elevator to select your floor - the elevator itself doesn't have any floor button inside it. Also, they had a sign in the lobby saying that plaza between the Hilton and One Wachovia would be opening Spring 2009...

Anyway, here's a couple more photos from the 5th floor balcony/plaza above Dean & Deluca. Next time you're on Tryon, check it out:

3710928964_6670fcb512_o.jpg

3710928316_1b6e660fd6_o.jpg

3710117369_3833be3244_o.jpg

A couple of times we went up to the top of the John Hancock building in Chicago just to check out the view. There is a restaurant on one level and a lounge on the next. Very cool. You could go up to the lounge, just have a drink, check out the view and leave. Of course, we always ended up having more than one. Thank goodness for expense accounts. :good:

Some pictures from NC Music Factory last night. Sum 41 and Offspring concert... I will say I'm impressed with how this area turned out. The NCMF has a sense of authenticism and historical preservation that is often lost in Charlotte, and they did a good job with the blending of the new work with the old warehouses. Great atmosphere to listen to music in. Only complaint... had 2 trains honk their horns while going by earlier in the concert.

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1954.jpg

Edited by Andyc545