Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Thank you! Here are a few more from my daytrip I took to Charlotte to check out Trader Joe's in Midtown:

2993535301_0e7d22a122_b.jpg

I wish there was something in the 40ish range to fill that gap. between Wach(WellsF) and BOA corporate centers. How cool would it have been if the Wach corp center was in that gap. Talk about a statement!

• 4 weeks later...

Cost cutting the artwork at the Bechtler? Nah.

(It's made of Styrofoam)

valuedk3.jpg

i'm not sure what the point of having a placeholder there is, but i've seen this artist's work. expect the real thing to be quite an awesome sculpture. you also might be surprised by some of the artists that will be in the permanent collection, but i don't think its public knowledge at this point and i won't be the one to blab.

its cool to see the column taking shape now. i was excited about it from day 1 but it looks so much better than any of the renderings.

Edited by nonillogical

Great pic Uptownliving. I was playing around in Uptown the other day, and snapped a couple. Too bad I don't have a pano lens, or for that matter, a new camera yet. The skyline is getting wide. This is an angle we don't see in here a lot.

057_G.sized.jpg

Edited by PeytonC