Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

@JacksonHLook at my comments under Learning from other Places (page 9)  about San Antonio and I am talking about current growth.  The amount of construction intown within a 3 mile radius of Trade and Tryon is much greater than most cities including that of San Antonio.  Maybe not Austin but certainly most of our peer cities.  Our intown development right now is phenomenal and is captured by me and many others on this site in photos daily.  The corridors of Stonewall St, South Tryon into SouthEnd, South Blvd,  N Brevard, Central Ave in P-M etc are just full of construction as  you know.   When the new Frost Tower opens in SA next year it will be the first office tower built in downtown SA since 1989 compare that to Charlotte where a office tower opens almost every year or two.  That being said I love San Antonio but I love Charlotte more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

@JacksonHLook at my comments under Learning from other Places (page 9)  about San Antonio and I am talking about current growth.  The amount of construction intown within a 3 mile radius of Trade and Tryon is much greater than most cities including that of San Antonio.  Maybe not Austin but certainly most of our peer cities.  Our intown development right now is phenomenal and is captured by me and many others on this site in photos daily.  The corridors of Stonewall St, South Tryon into SouthEnd, South Blvd,  N Brevard, Central Ave in P-M etc are just full of construction as  you know.   When the new Frost Tower opens in SA next year it will be the first office tower built in downtown SA since 1989 compare that to Charlotte where a office tower opens almost every year or two.  That being said I love San Antonio but I love Charlotte more. 

My bad.  I was very sleep deprived yesterday; probably should refrain from posting when I feel that way because my brain doesn't function properly.  So glad it's sleep-in Saturday -- TGIS.    I do really appreciate the photos you post here.

Edited by JacksonH
  • Like 1

San Antonio does have a very established feel to it, and lots of character from being established as a major city longer. That city has done a great job with it’s identity. With that being said, there is def more development in central Charlotte- but that could never take away from what San Antonio already has. Charlotte has definetely improved on building towards an identity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

Beautiful picture but I absolutely hate the Ballpark Angle. We need more development on this side of town.

I agree but I do like the layered affect you get from this angle.  Those parking lots are such an eyesore. Gateway can't come soon enough.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ I was just looking at the Catalyst and the Element apartment towers and this Ascent tower is so much better looking than those.  Like you  those plants need to get growing to soften the garage bottom third of the building. 

I think Ascent looks better now, but I think the other two will age better - assuming they're not incredibly cheaply made.

10 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

I think Ascent looks better now, but I think the other two will age better - assuming they're not incredibly cheaply made.

I prefer the look of Element, the ground level of Catalyst and the height & parking deck of ascent. Catalyst has by far the best retail imo. Mellow mushroom and especially 7-11 are needed and refreshing beyond the Ink & Ivy’s and Chima’s Of uptown 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

I prefer the look of Element, the ground level of Catalyst and the height & parking deck of ascent. Catalyst has by far the best retail imo. Mellow mushroom and especially 7-11 are needed and refreshing beyond the Ink & Ivy’s and Chima’s Of uptown 

I like those laid back, everyday places, too. I've had lots of nice conversations with employees of Mellow Mushroom & 7-11 while hanging out in the park.

I love "going out", but don't have the opportunity as much as I do to just hang out enjoy a nice chill afternoon.