IN PROGRESS: WaterPlace | Intercontinental

• Replies 879
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone broke through the fence that was blocking access to part of the river walk.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kids were riding their bikes on the site as I walked home today.

While I do not commend vandalism in our city I do feel it

I've been contacted by the folks from Waterplace to attend a focus group on the project. Before they begin marketing units they are looking to perspective buyers for opinions on fixtures, appliances, amenities, policies (pet rules, etc). This is taking place Thursday so I'm going to trek up to Prov if I can to offer my two cents and then I'll report back to you all.

I've been contacted by the folks from Waterplace to attend a focus group on the project.  Before they begin marketing units they are looking to perspective buyers for opinions on fixtures, appliances, amenities, policies (pet rules, etc).  This is taking place Thursday so I'm going to trek up to Prov if I can to offer my two cents and then I'll report back to you all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you indicated a desire to buy a unit? Is that how they contacted you? Are ya thinking of making the move from CT?

Have you indicated a desire to buy a unit? Is that how they contacted you? Are ya thinking of making the move from CT?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes I am considering a move and expressed interest in both Waterplace and 110 Westminster. I would prefer to live in a loft building similar to Eagle Square, but it seems those types of projects are either already sold out, rental units, or nowhere near construction. At least these two are moving along and these locations can't be beat.

Yes I am considering a move and expressed interest in both Waterplace and 110 Westminster.  I would prefer to live in a loft building similar to Eagle Square, but it seems those types of projects are either already sold out, rental units, or nowhere near construction.  At least these two are moving along and these locations can't be beat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

GREAT!!!!!!!!! Good luck on Thursday! Great location. And please let us know what type of turn out they received.

Looked like they were delivering steel to the site this morning, they had a huge flatbed in front of Avalon with steel on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like steel for the retaining walls. They've dug quite a bit into the hill at the corner of the Basin. I'm surprised last nights rain didn't create too much damage.

I'm rather annoyed that the trees that lined this section of the river walk were chopped down rather than transplanted (as the ones at the Westin were). They were quite healthy trees, and there are certainly lots of places that need them, oh well.

2005-0531-WaterPlace0001.jpg

2005-0531-WaterPlace0002.jpg

2005-0531-WaterPlace0003.jpg

Not structural steel. This is part of the retaining wall. Shows why the river walk needs to be closed. I'm almost surprised the bridge isn't shut down.

2005-0531-WaterPlace0004.jpg

All this steel will line the banks of the building, you can see a similar structure on the Francis Street side of the GTECH parcel.

2005-0531-WaterPlace0005.jpg

2005-0531-WaterPlace0006.jpg

I'm rather annoyed that the trees that lined this section of the river walk were chopped down rather than transplanted (as the ones at the Westin were). They were quite healthy trees, and there are certainly lots of places that need them, oh well.

I agree that it would have been nice to save those trees somehow. It wouldn't have taken that much extra effort.

Thanks for posting the new Pics! I was planning on walking around the area with a camera this weekend (I had 3 days!) but never got a chance to do it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My GOD! The pile driving going on here is loud! I can hear from my office up off Benefit Street, but actually being in the river basin is almost unbearable. The good news is that it looks like they are close to done with the perimiter, though I suspect they will have some piles to drive within the site as well. They have 2 crews driving piles, one was on the Finance Way side and one was on the Exchange Street side near the bridge.

2005-0610-WaterPlace0001.jpg

2005-0610-WaterPlace0002.jpg

2005-0610-WaterPlace0003.jpg

2005-0610-WaterPlace0004.jpg

Check the guy out sitting on the lawn chairs watching the others work. Must be the foreman  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can just hear him:

"Yah boys... that's it, now a little to the left.... ok, pound the hell of it now" :D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they're finishing up the retaining wall around the site.  They were pile driving the side along Exchange St. this morning.  Wish I had my friggen camera....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHEN YOU TAKE THE PICTURES PLEASE SNAP A FEW OF GTECH SITE. THANX FROM HOLLYWOOD FL

Archived