Welcome to the Statesboro forum

ironchapman

Well, it appears we now have a Statesboro forum, everyone! I look forward to hearing all about this city. The interest you guys have in this city is amazing (some of our other cities could learn from you guys).

Anyways, I'm the moderator of this forum (as well as all other Georgia forums), so feel free to contact me if you have any troubles.

Like I mentioned in the "'Boro Peeps" thread, I'll be joining you guys when I move down there later this year (for GSU).

Get out and spread the word! Tell all your friends who are interested in what's going on in this town about UrbanPlanet's Statesboro forum!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, it appears we now have a Statesboro forum, everyone! I look forward to hearing all about this city. The interest you guys have in this city is amazing (some of our other cities could learn from you guys).

Anyways, I'm the moderator of this forum (as well as all other Georgia forums), so feel free to contact me if you have any troubles.

Like I mentioned in the "'Boro Peeps" thread, I'll be joining you guys when I move down there later this year (for GSU).

Get out and spread the word! Tell all your friends who are interested in what's going on in this town about UrbanPlanet's Statesboro forum!

We create new forums based on activity, not the size of the city. The Statesboro members have been very active consistantly over the past 6-8 months. People in Statesboro are talking! Any other city can achieve the same thing.

Congrats on the new forum! I recently left Statesboro and now live in NC. I'll be popping in from time to time to see what all is going on.

For those of you who are common readers don't expect my continuing information on Planning Commission and Public Hearings. Just remember packets packets, minutes, agendas are placed on the website.

Alright, guys, here's a question, what should this forum's subtitle be? Augusta's is "The Garden City", Columbus' is "The Fountain City", Atlanta's is "The Atlanta Metro", and so on...

So, I've heard "The 'Boro", but are there any other names that we could use?

That's a good question and Ive been thinking about it. We have been nicknamed the Tourist City and the Tree City. The Tourist City nickname was more pre-interstate 95, since before it was built, the main artery from New England to Florida was Hwy 301 and Statesboro was the most popular city on that route. More recently, we have been nicknamed the Tree City because of all the huge trees throughout the town. But personally, that nickname doesnt seem extremely exciting to me. I would say, "Tourist City" is our best known nickname, since most of the encyclopedia websites acknowledge that nickname.

• 5 months later...

Archived