Charleston Visit

Noneck_08

I'm going to be in Charleston this weekend(Sat. and Sunday) and just wanted to know if you guys had any suggestions on some good spots to visit. So far I'm planning on checking out Downtown and the King St. area. Along with going out to the Fort and walking the new bridge. But are there any good resterants or local spots I should check out? Also what would be the best beach to go to. All I know of is Folly but any other good ones would be nice to know. I have family in Columbia and I'm down there several times a year but I've never made it down to Charleston. It's always Myrtle for me so ready for this change of scenery. But yea any suggestions would be greatly appriciated, thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally have always liked Isle of Palms beach more. Also, just walking around downtown is pretty good, especially around King Street to the Ansonborough neighborhood and on down to Waterfront park and the Aquarium Wharf district. Gah.. this is making me homesick.. Ill be stuck in Greenville county until the end of summer. I have to get used to seeing mountains instead of waves...

Charles Towne Landing is always a good one and one of my favorites.

I would also check out some of the older plantations, like Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.

Take a stroll along the Battery.

I would also highly advise you to check out some events during the annual Spoleto festival.

Trust me, there is a whole lot to do in Charleston, so you shouldn't have a shortage of things to do and see.

Man, I'm wondering if I shouldn't head down there this weekend myself! :)

I just got home a min ago, but I must say I think I'm in love lol. The city was all I expected and more, from the beaches, bridges, people, just everything. We hit up folly and isle of palms. Also ate dinner downtown last night at the Forest Gump place(called Bubba's or something like that) and visited Fort Sumter this afternoon before we left. I must say Charleston is now on my list to visit again this summer. My biggest complaint however is the traffic. Maybe it's just the tourist factor but the drivers are crazy down there. I don't think many people even noticed the speed limits let alone traffic signals. It was crazy. But thanks for all the advice guys, I'll try to share some of the pics when I get time.

Yeah the beaches were pretty packed this weekend and today of course (just got back from the beach myself.) I enjoy Folly Beach because of all the people, but if you want a quiet beach check out Sullivan's Island particularly right in front of Fort Moultrie. I grew up there and the beaches are pretty laid back even on busy weekends.

Traffic always seems to be a bit aggressive here, though Senior PGA and the Spoleto Festival are going on at the same time and it's Memorial Day weekend. Bit more than usual on the roads.

Glad you enjoyed Charleston!

Archived