275 Fulton Place

mgreven

The biggest thing about this is if it does get built and the mystery bank occupies it. It might inspire other companies to locate their HQ's here which translates into more construction activities. Seeing lots of construction is a good thing.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

New updates from Chris Knape:

"The other project I thought the MEGA board would address this month is 275 Fulton Place. Turns out, they delayed a vote on that one until September, according to Lena Stob, of Eenhoorn, which is developing the project. A lot of 275 Fulton's fate lies in the hands of an unnamed financial institution"

" Lena said one of the three tenants planned for the project has signed a letter of intent to lease space. They don't want to go public until the MEGA board signs off on the tax breaks, though. The other two tenants, including the bank, have not signed anything yet, she said."

The complete article can be read on Chris's blog on Mlive.com

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a building in D.C. last week right across the street from our hotel, that immediately made me think of 275 Fulton Place. It's about the same scale and massing, and has transparent glass like 275 will have. Just imagine the bottom 2 - 3 floors missing on this building and a flat facade, and I think it will be pretty close:

1249777506_a1c3081809_b.jpg

I did see some new buildings with traditional flair to them that actually looked pretty good, that wouldn't look bad at the 275 site:

1249289219_f7aa62e444_b.jpg

1250054936_3d11d0052b_b.jpg

1249902272_fd1b626adb_b.jpg

No rumblings on UP of that nature. A few posts back, Chris Knape mentions that they go for the MEGA tax credits in September, and that they have one signed letter of intent. The other two are unsigned as of yet.

Sorry to burst your bubble snoogit, but this project has a very good chance of going through as planned. :whistling:

I was thinking about this building over the weekend. What would have been great is if the west facade had been designed to "cascade" over the Grand River in a way similar to how the VAI expansion will cascade down the hill. Am I wrong or would the ability to look down on to the Grand River from within the building have been a great feature?! And with all of the glass, you would have had a great view up and down the river.

• 3 weeks later...

Back in August, Chris Knape had this update:

"The other project I thought the MEGA board would address this month is 275 Fulton Place. Turns out, they delayed a vote on that one until September, according to Lena Stob, of Eenhoorn, which is developing the project. A lot of 275 Fulton's fate lies in the hands of an unnamed financial institution"

" Lena said one of the three tenants planned for the project has signed a letter of intent to lease space. They don't want to go public until the MEGA board signs off on the tax breaks, though. The other two tenants, including the bank, have not signed anything yet, she said."

I'm not sure when the MEGA (Michigan Economic Growth Authority) meets, but assuming it's the same time of the month as Chris' last update (mid August), then we might hear something soon as far as the project getting the tax incentives they need from the State.

I was thinking about this building over the weekend. What would have been great is if the west facade had been designed to "cascade" over the Grand River in a way similar to how the VAI expansion will cascade down the hill. Am I wrong or would the ability to look down on to the Grand River from within the building have been a great feature?! And with all of the glass, you would have had a great view up and down the river.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, this doesn't sound good. It looks like Huntington was the key bank tenant for 275 Fulton Place, and they have signed a long-term lease to stay in 50 Monroe. Eenhorn is still trying to get 275 Fulton Place built, but obviously it will be tougher without Huntington:

http://blog.mlive.com/knapescorner/

Go ahead with the "I told you so's" some of you. -_-

Anyone want to step up and help get this thing built?

Boy, every time I see that black 50 Monroe that Chris had drawn up, it looks uggh.

How many people does Huntington have downtown? How many sq. feet would they have taken up? I didn't think Huntington really had that huge of a presence.

Anyone in the Eenhorn group want to PM me with floorplans. ;)

Joe

Hmmm, this doesn't sound good. It looks like Huntington was the key bank tenant for 275 Fulton Place, and they have signed a long-term lease to stay in 50 Monroe. Eenhorn is still trying to get 275 Fulton Place built, but obviously it will be tougher without Huntington:

http://blog.mlive.com/knapescorner/

Go ahead with the "I told you so's" some of you. -_-

Anyone want to step up and help get this thing built?

Boy, every time I see that black 50 Monroe that Chris had drawn up, it looks uggh.

Archived