NCAA Football Spring Games

egrguy

WOW! Im ready for college football!

Notre Dame had 51k + for their spring game, however new Tide coach Nick Saban blew everyone out of the water with 91,000 in attendance.

I can't wait for college football to start back up, I guess I'll do with dealing with the draft this weekend.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incredible attendance numbers for Alabama.

I read where an unknown Jr. RB- was the star of the Notre Dame game.

College Football is as good as it gets with sports IMO.

The NFL Draft should be very interesting this year! This probably deserves a thread of it's own. Who will be the Top Pick?? Some impact players for sure! The Raiders were trying to decide between QB- Russell and WR Calvin Johnson. RB-Adrian Peterson is a stud; OT-Joe Thomas from Wisconsin is scary good!! Where will QB- Brady Quinn be drafted??

WOW! Im ready for college football!

Notre Dame had 51k + for their spring game, however new Tide coach Nick Saban blew everyone out of the water with 91,000 in attendance.

I can't wait for college football to start back up, I guess I'll do with dealing with the draft this weekend.

Did Alabama expand their stadium? I thought their capacity was only around 83,000.

Ohio State had 75,301 on hand for their spring game last year. Kind of funny, we fail to show up in the BCS Title game and get blown out, yet get over 75K for a spring game, yet, Florida shocks the country by blowing us out, and only gets 47,000 to their spring game. BTW, Ohio State charges $5 to attend the spring game, and the SEC schools don't charge.

^Thanks for the power ratings, I see USC/LSU is 1 & 2 . I was hoping they could have played each other in a bowl game this past season.

I believe the capacity at Tiger Stadium is about 92,600. I forget if it's 5th or 6th largest "on campus" stadium??

BTW the SEC had 11 players selected in the 1st Round of this years NFL Draft. :thumbsup:

^Thanks for the power ratings, I see USC/LSU is 1 & 2 . I was hoping they could have played each other in a bowl game this past season.

I believe the capacity at Tiger Stadium is about 92,600. I forget if it's 5th or 6th largest "on campus" stadium??

BTW the SEC had 11 players selected in the 1st Round of this years NFL Draft. :thumbsup:

alabama did expand one end zone to include an upper tier - now bryant-denny holds somewhere just north of 92,000 (i'll leave it to the scholars to give exacts). there are rumors - rumors, mind ye - of the other end zone seeing future expansion, although there would definitely be some logistical issues with that.

bama will fill its stadium for the games. that's not in doubt. but i won't make predictions about tide victories, etc., since i'd just feel like i'd be basically pullin' my paytur out an' seein if'n mines is biggur'n yores. my only speculation is that...if you're a tide fan who thinks we're gonna challenge for any title ending in 'champion' this year...well, you're a mistaken one. enthusiastic, but mistaken.

i am mad excited to have saban at alabama, though - not because he will ressurrect th' bahr and lead us all to heaven - but because any good coach elevates the level of play in the SEC. i'd have been just as excited if he'd gone to ole miss or arkansas. wherever they go, coaches at that level are targets (regardless of how crappy their team is that year), and it makes in-conference teams sharper whenever they meet.

and the 92,000 A-day thing? come on, it's not a big negative 'only in alabama' redneck type thing (though i'm not arguing there aren't rayud naycks in alabama.) if you're a college football fan, period, that kind of fan enthusiasm is nothing but positive, no matter what program we're talking about. i'd be stoked to see, say, boise state's stadium filled this year for a scrimmage. these weren't soccer hooliogan fanatics going to this thing (mostly); just a lot of people who've lived in a culture that emphasizes the appeal of college football. people had a good time, and, hopefully, most of them realized their attendance was pretty insignificant in terms of evaluating the team - but hugely significant in terms of good ole fan culture, kinda waking up and embracing alabama football all over again.

i'd be surprised (pleasantly, though) to see that happen next year, and on and on...i think it's emblematic of krazy 'bama fans' hunger to see a storied program succeed again, and the time was ripe this year with the whole coach turnover thing. and, it was a really, really nice day that day - people weren't gonna stay away on a day like that. beats a picnic at the park, anyway.

Top Six On-Campus Stadium Capacities

School

Stadium

Capacity

1. Michigan

Michigan

2. Penn State

Beaver

3. Tennessee

Neyland

4. Ohio State

Ohio