Finding Employment

wkemp21

I suppose this question is for those of you that have relocated to Greenville not due to a job transfer, how long did it take for you to find employment? I have sent out a few resumes' over the last two months but no answers not even to say thanks but you are not what we are looking for. I haven't been job hunting in several years so I'm not sure what I should expect. Does it take a few weeks to hear back from employers, or could it be the fact that I am looking for employment when I haven't moved to Greenville yet? I try to be upfront in my cover letter about this and explain I just need a two day notice for an interview appointment. My relatives that live there think I should use one of their addresses as though I am already in town but then how do I explain that I still work for my current employer in Saint Louis. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated, and to clarify, I haven't moved down yet because I haven't sold my home here.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose this question is for those of you that have relocated to Greenville not due to a job transfer, how long did it take for you to find employment? I have sent out a few resumes' over the last two months but no answers not even to say thanks but you are not what we are looking for. I haven't been job hunting in several years so I'm not sure what I should expect. Does it take a few weeks to hear back from employers, or could it be the fact that I am looking for employment when I haven't moved to Greenville yet? I try to be upfront in my cover letter about this and explain I just need a two day notice for an interview appointment. My relatives that live there think I should use one of their addresses as though I am already in town but then how do I explain that I still work for my current employer in Saint Louis. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated, and to clarify, I haven't moved down yet because I haven't sold my home here.

Hi there, and welcome! I suppose the potential answers to your questions would somewhat depend on what type of employment you are looking for. There are agencies and recruiters that are active here for professional types (that's how I got here).

If you can divulge the general type of work you are after, we may be able to better answer your questions.

I have closed this thread as it has evolved away from the original question and into something against our rules. We don't mind questioning how long it took to find employment in an area or questions revolving around employment, but we are not an agency helping the unemployed to find jobs. There are plenty of sites around that offer employment assistance, we are not one of them.

Archived