Arkansas Razorbacks

Mith242

Well Florida is just too much for the Hogs who are playing their 4th game in 4 days. Although with the way Florida has been playing in the SEC Tournament I don't know if the Hogs could pull out a win even if they were totally fresh. Florida just looks like a team that's really put it all together at the right time of the year. But now where does this leave the Hogs? More and more people seem to think Arkansas had to be competitive or even win the SEC Title. Beforehand everyone thought if Arkansas even got to this spot they'd be in the NCAA Tournament. Then does the U of A get rid of Heath anyway if the committee doesn't put them in even though they had a nice run in the SEC Tournament?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we win against USC then we would most likely be playing Texas. A tough game but I imagine fans would like to see an Arkansas-Texas match up. Of course we have to win against USC first.

I would hate to lose to USC again in any sport. But I would really hate to lose to Texas!!!

I would hate to lose to USC again in any sport. But I would really hate to lose to Texas!!!

Yeah obviously we all want Arkansas to win. But I really hope we do even more so just to shut up all the 'experts' who say we didn't deserve to get in. Sounds like quite a few don't think we should have gotten in the tournament. A win would shut all them up. You know if we lose then they'll all say "see, we told you". Another interesting fact is that it seems every year there's a 12-5 upset. Let's hope this year we'll be able to keep that trend going.

Arkansas is placed in the East bracket and that is supposedly the toughest bracket. First of all, we have North Carolina, Georgetown, Washington St., and Texas. Those are the top 4 seeds. It would be a miracle if we get to the Sweet 16. Go Hogs!

Yeah obviously we all want Arkansas to win. But I really hope we do even more so just to shut up all the 'experts' who say we didn't deserve to get in. Sounds like quite a few don't think we should have gotten in the tournament. A win would shut all them up. You know if we lose then they'll all say "see, we told you". Another interesting fact is that it seems every year there's a 12-5 upset. Let's hope this year we'll be able to keep that trend going.

They shouldn't have gotten in. That was a stupid move on the commitie's part.

Who should've gotten in over us?

Missouri State? Didn't you guys get swept by Southern Illinois, a team we beat handily, and Creighton?

We beat a number of top 25 teams, how about you guys?

Uh oh, someone coming over to say the Razorbacks shouldn't be in. Not a popular move. :lol: Rather than defend the Razorbacks I'd just like to say I think there are a lot of other teams that are overrated and from overrated conferences. Occasionally ESPN's eastern bias really makes itself known. The Colonial deserves almost as many seeds as the SEC? Come on.

I really hope that you are wrong on this. They have won 5 of 6 in the past week and a half! Hopefully they will give us at least a couple more wins this season.

Sorry about the double post....I don't know how it happened?? :dontknow:

The game is about a day away. Anyone have any predictions? I can't say that I have them going very far on my bracket.

I haven't seen much of the PAC 10 so it's hard for me to say. But I'd like to think Arkansas is just as likely as any other 12 seed to pull out an upset. USC's last game was worse than ours. So far through at least half of Thursday's games there haven't been any upsets. Maybe we'll have them for tomorrow. :D Assuming Texas will win their first game if we do make it past the first round we'll face them. I know we like to get worked up playing Texas. I don't think our chances would be too good at all. But maybe we could Texas a harder game than they would think. But anyway back to USC. I don't think they have the height we do on the inside. That could help us out. Both teams are coming off bad loses in their conference title games. Oregon really embarrassed USC. Maybe if Arkansas could hit them hard early and rattle them and make them question themselves after having such a bad game in their previous attempt.

I haven't seen much of the PAC 10 so it's hard for me to say. But I'd like to think Arkansas is just as likely as any other 12 seed to pull out an upset. USC's last game was worse than ours. So far through at least half of Thursday's games there haven't been any upsets. Maybe we'll have them for tomorrow. :D Assuming Texas will win their first game if we do make it past the first round we'll face them. I know we like to get worked up playing Texas. I don't think our chances would be too good at all. But maybe we could Texas a harder game than they would think. But anyway back to USC. I don't think they have the height we do on the inside. That could help us out. Both teams are coming off bad loses in their conference title games. Oregon really embarrassed USC. Maybe if Arkansas could hit them hard early and rattle them and make them question themselves after having such a bad game in their previous attempt.

Yeah, and if we beat Texas :P we will most likely go against North Carolina. Then if we beat them we will probably have to face Georgetown. This bracket is by far the hardest out of all of them. The opponents that we have to face...Texas, UNC, and Georgetown. Forget about it. I'm still rooting for the Hogs though. Hopefully we'll get past USC first.

Yeah, and if we beat Texas :P we will most likely go against North Carolina. Then if we beat them we will probably have to face Georgetown. This bracket is by far the hardest out of all of them. The opponents that we have to face...Texas, UNC, and Georgetown. Forget about it. I'm still rooting for the Hogs though. Hopefully we'll get past USC first.

Yeah maybe we should focus on them before we start looking at all the other possibilities. :lol: Just to update the basketball news Duke is the first upset so far in the tournament. Not including a 9 seed beating an 8 seed that is.

Yeah maybe we should focus on them before we start looking at all the other possibilities. :lol: Just to update the basketball news Duke is the first upset so far in the tournament. Not including a 9 seed beating an 8 seed that is.

NO, Rod you are giving too much away! I am Tivo-ing the games while my wife watches her shows. I had Puke going to the Sweet 16. I know they are a young team but come on VCU??? Well, it is worth it if Duke loses in the first round. Oh well, no one ever has a perfect bracket.

NO, Rod you are giving too much away! I am Tivo-ing the games while my wife watches her shows. I had Puke going to the Sweet 16. I know they are a young team but come on VCU??? Well, it is worth it if Duke loses in the first round. Oh well, no one ever has a perfect bracket.

Sorry, I'll not give anything else away then. Unless it's it's a Razorback score of course.

Sigh, well so much for us going out and trying to prove we did deserve to be picked. That seemed to last a minute or two of each half. Granted we were a 12 seed and USC was a 5 seed. But I really felt it shouldn't have been a good game. We didn't get embarrassed like the football team did but it almost seems like we have no answers for any USC team. I thought we had turned a corner during the SEC Tournament and started playing up to our potential. We were sloppy and it didn't look look like everyone was on the same page.

Sigh, well so much for us going out and trying to prove we did deserve to be picked. That seemed to last a minute or two of each half. Granted we were a 12 seed and USC was a 5 seed. But I really felt it shouldn't have been a good game. We didn't get embarrassed like the football team did but it almost seems like we have no answers for any USC team. I thought we had turned a corner during the SEC Tournament and started playing up to our potential. We were sloppy and it didn't look look like everyone was on the same page.

Very disappointing. Will Stan still get to keep his job? It was way too big of a loss. :cry:

I figure he will. The supposed stipulation was that he make it to the NCAA Tournament. I never heard he had to win a game.

I usually try to keep it on the general Arkansas board. I consider the Razorbacks a statewide passion. However, I had to respond to this.

Heath's wife hates Fayetteville and wants to leave, this is kind of common knowledge. There were "rumors" about him trying to get a job elsewhere.

I don't think any of this is set in stone yet. There were no concrete "rules".

We'll just have to see what happens over the next week or two. There's a board of trustees meeting in early April.

There may be more stuff in the media about Nutt and his brother in coming weeks.

I usually try to keep it on the general Arkansas board. I consider the Razorbacks a statewide passion. However, I had to respond to this.

Heath's wife hates Fayetteville and wants to leave, this is kind of common knowledge. There were "rumors" about him trying to get a job elsewhere.

I don't think any of this is set in stone yet. There were no concrete "rules".

We'll just have to see what happens over the next week or two. There's a board of trustees meeting in early April.

There may be more stuff in the media about Nutt and his brother in coming weeks.

Yeah I had been keeping to the statewide discussion, but it was quiet for long periods and I felt I was talking to myself. There seemed to be interest over in the NWA forum on having a topic dedicated to the Hogs so I figured I'd try. I wasn't sure if some of the NWA forumers check out the other Arkansas forums. But anyway back to the Hogs. Not to excuse their performance but USC did look pretty good against Texas as well, beating them rather easily. But I still don't think people can be too happy, it just didn't look like they showed up to play. Sounds like Heath's name has been mentioned by Michigan. It doesn't mean that they'll take him but he could end up going somewhere else anyway. The university may not have to 'get rid of him'. Makes you wonder especially if his wife does supposedly dislike it here so much.

Well in SEC related news it sounds like Tubby Smith is leaving Kentucky for Minnesota. Kentucky fans haven't been happy at not getting to the Sweet 16 the past couple of years and I think it has been bothering them that Florida has beaten them for the past several years. Weird to see but I think he decided to leave before things got worse. I wonder who will be heading there.

Tough baseball game today (6-3 Vandy)- how they scored that a "inside the park homerun" I'll never understand. It was a great game last night (8-7 Arkansas in 10) though. For a regular season game that was one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. Rubber match tomorrow- Go Hogs!

The Lady Razorback basketball team hired a new coach- Tom Collen, who just led Louisville to the NCAA tournament. He was actually an assistant under Gary Blair when he first came here in 1993. I think we've got a winner- he's had great success as a head coach. He will have his hands full though- at age 53 he's got 1 year old twins and another child on the way. Congrats to him and good luck!

Tough baseball game today (6-3 Vandy)- how they scored that a "inside the park homerun" I'll never understand. It was a great game last night (8-7 Arkansas in 10) though. For a regular season game that was one of the most exciting games I've ever been to. Rubber match tomorrow- Go Hogs!

The Lady Razorback basketball team hired a new coach- Tom Collen, who just led Louisville to the NCAA tournament. He was actually an assistant under Gary Blair when he first came here in 1993. I think we've got a winner- he's had great success as a head coach. He will have his hands full though- at age 53 he's got 1 year old twins and another child on the way. Congrats to him and good luck!

Yeah it was disappointing to lose that game, but Vanderbilt is #1 right now. We still have a chance to win the series.

Ironically I saw a special on Fox Sports Southwest on Gary Blair yesterday. Sounds like he's doing a good job down at A&M and won Big 12 coach of the year.

Archived