Griffin Plaza

Lukin

So I guess you were just in the mood tonight to bash anything that isn't really really tall tonight...

Well on a more constructive note, this is still one of my favorite projects to go up because of the market rate apartments it will include. I know I like having options like this being added that will be more realistic for me to look at in a few years when I want to move back to Nashville and be close to downtown.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe 10 stories is PERFECT for this project. There's already 2 or 3 twenty story towers coming up in that area...this 10 story project...a 6 story project...and a few others of various heights. I don't believe this area is really ready for something 30-40 stories.

I posted this link in a few other threads but here is is for those who don't check the top Construction Thread often

I got a photo gallery of pics I took today, here's the link.

Pics are of Terrazzo site, Gulch, Icon, Pinnacle Site, Encore, WES, Rolling Mill and Cumberland Yacht Club site, lots of Gulch and a shot of Griffin Plaza site. Enjoy. I'll do another round of pics in a week or so and scope out the progress.

http://www.discovermusiccity.com/pics.html

New article from the Tennessean. Good rendering and photo of the site.

http://my.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...30505/706270375

Interesting to me from this article is that Griffin Plaza is slated to break ground next month and this sentence:

"Charlotte, N.C.-based Crosland is also developing two other projects in The Gulch. Terrazzo is a $65 million retail/residential tower under construction at 700 12th Ave. S. and 701 12th is a 16-story residential project across from Terrazzo."

It seems this wonderful project is moving extremely fast, and maybe the "Sliver" project is not dead afterall.

• 1 month later...

From the website griffinplaza.com about the retail:

Griffin Plaza's gallery style retail space is designed for upscale shops and restaurants.

32,000 sq. ft. of space on the ground floor plaza level features 22-foot tall ceilings and mezzanines.

Floor-to-ceiling glass provides abundant light and high visibility to pedestrian and street traffic.

Adjacent historic houses in the development provide unique retail space for small boutiques and cafes.

All retail space opens onto the plaza, which is designed as an urban "pocket park" with terraced outdoor seating areas and space for special events.

Sounds great to me and I think incorporating the existing historic houses is really one of the best aspects of this project. I am certainly eager to hear what the rates will be for the apartments because I would love to consider moving in there sometime in the future if and when I move back to Nashville after school and everything.

This one is definitely one of my favorite projects in Nashville. I love the way they've incorporated the existing buildings into the project. It bring 32,000 sq ft of needed street retail to the Gulch, provides 150 rental housing units at reasonable prices to prospective dwellers, and looks great. What a great addition to the Gulch!

griffin_plaza_rendering.jpg

Wow, this project looks great! Is it really already under construction or is that just website hype signifying a ceremonial groundbreaking or something?

As far as I know this is actually under construction, it wasn't just a ceremonial groundbreaking.

I live next to it and the only thing i've noticed ever since the groundbreaking ceremony is... someone brought a flat-bed semi trailer with some stuff on it a while back.

Doesn't mean there isn't background work goin on somewhere though....

I drive by once a week and there is no construction going on. I haven't been by this week. I also noticed that there were surveyors doing their thing on 12th and Pine Street. They were looking at the lot across and behind where the bakery once was. This might be one of the proposed buildings that was mentioned in one of the papers a week or so ago. Also I posted a poop load of photos (over 40 pics) on

www.nashvillegrowth.com , it's a forum as well, under the development link. I was going to post them all here too as well on the Charrette but it took me all freaking evening and I don't feel like doing it again.

Here's one of the Icon from top the BellSouth Tower

post-12139-1186549802_thumb.jpg

The yellow crane in that picture is for Terrazo correct? If so, with that only being 14 stories it shows you how much higher those ICON cranes will have to go eventually with it being 22 stories.

Archived