Journeys shoes

Finish Line

American Eagle

Lids

Select Comfort mattresses

Kay Jewlers

Bath and Body Works

Limited Too

I thought there was supposed to be a Banana Republic. Do we know of any restaurants other than Chili's and Bravo?

Edited by Hyacinth

I thought there was supposed to be a Banana Republic. Do we know of any restaurants other than Chili's and Bravo?

There is a rumor that Abuelos is looking into this development. I sure hope so. They were supposed to go to Shackleford Crossing but backed out when Wal-Mart was announced. Banana Republic, DSW, and Coach were all in the initial list, but Coach backed out for some reason. I haven't heard anything about DSW or Banana Republic.

There is a rumor that Abuelos is looking into this development. I sure hope so. They were supposed to go to Shackleford Crossing but backed out when Wal-Mart was announced. Banana Republic, DSW, and Coach were all in the initial list, but Coach backed out for some reason. I haven't heard anything about DSW or Banana Republic.

How did you hear about Coach and what's the story?

So the full list as of now is:

Dick's Sporting Goods

JCrew

Apple

Bebe

Victoria's Secret

Coldwater Creek

Dickinson Theater/IMAX

Ethan Allen

Chili's

Bravo

Portrait Innovations

Ann Taylor Loft

Journeys shoes

Finish Line

American Eagle

Lids

Select Comfort mattresses

Kay Jewlers

Bath and Body Works

Limited Too

Per the plumbing submittals, add:

Talbots

White House {sodEmoji.|} Black Market

Of course...sorry. I now recall that discussion. I'm still surprised that they are hesitant with a location already in Rogers, which is surprising in and of itself.

I really do not think it is surprising to have a Coach in Rogers, AR due to the extremely high income growth. There are thousands of business travelers in town every week, vendors who supply to Walmart, and college women whom all purchase these items at Coach. I am surprised other higher end retailers are not in Rogers yet either. They soon may be since the Promenade is doing so well.

On a good note, announced last week was the revised plans for Pleasant Crossing. This development will be a huge entertainement, live, work, play, shop complex hugging Interstate 540 in Rogers. It will have a Boardwalk with restaurants, amphitheater, hotel with indoor water park, huge bowling complex, fitness and sports complex, office complex, outlet mall, condo development, another big box major anchor, many smaller anchors, and dozens upon dozens of restaurants. This is the next biggest development to hit the area. They stated in the article that this could attract people from even longer distances away (maybe Little Rock, Tulsa, Kansas City, Branson, etc.). I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

I really do not think it is surprising to have a Coach in Rogers, AR due to the extremely high income growth. There are thousands of business travelers in town every week, vendors who supply to Walmart, and college women whom all purchase these items at Coach. I am surprised other higher end retailers are not in Rogers yet either. They soon may be since the Promenade is doing so well.

On a good note, announced last week was the revised plans for Pleasant Crossing. This development will be a huge entertainement, live, work, play, shop complex hugging Interstate 540 in Rogers. It will have a Boardwalk with restaurants, amphitheater, hotel with indoor water park, huge bowling complex, fitness and sports complex, office complex, outlet mall, condo development, another big box major anchor, many smaller anchors, and dozens upon dozens of restaurants. This is the next biggest development to hit the area. They stated in the article that this could attract people from even longer distances away (maybe Little Rock, Tulsa, Kansas City, Branson, etc.). I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

You can slice it any way you want it, but it's still Rogers, Arkansas...population 50,000. Its surprising, at least now. Perhaps in time it will seem natural!

I remember seeing a poll a while back that showed LR's income growth ahead of that in NWA. And also, don't be suprised if in the end this complex doesn't end up being as big as planned. Developers are always way too ambitious and many things get cut by the time the full product comes around. Look at what happened with Pleasant Ridge Town Center in LR.

Some of this reminds me of what I remember happening when I used to live in Oklahoma. Smaller, white-collar Tulsa would get all the high-end retail and restaurants while much larger, but working class OKC would get ignored. Tulsa (pop ca. 360,000) has Saks, Restoration Hardware, Whole Foods, etc while OKC (pop ca. 550,000) doesn't have much that LR doesn't have, with the exception of Macy's and a few high-end restaurants.

Edited by bchris02

Look I get the whole NWA pride thing but this is a larger and more affluent demographic. Have you actually been to Chenal before?

I can also assure you people will NOT be driving from Little Rock, Tulsa, Kansas City, Branson, etc to go to Pleasant Crossing. That's just being unrealistic.

I just think that Coach probably didn't like the site. Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Container Store, and other upscale stores opted for Midtown over West LR. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Coach is doing the same. There is at least one spot opening up at Midtown - Bombay, which would work immediately. Otherwise, Park Ave would be a great place for this.

Many of us have reservations about the site at Chenal because of limited freeway access, too far West, etc. It's not surprising some stores are avoiding the site. I was really surprised to see Apple going out there. Clearly they just jumped at the demographics.

Supposedly Coach is trying to open up more of their own stores and gradually ease out of department stores. I would assume that strategy would include LR. That said, if the NWA store is performing poorly I would expect that would affect LR as well.

Personally, I think having a Coach store is more of a status thing for the city. It is not a store that someone would shop at often. I would prefer something like Restoration Hardware or restaurants like Cheesecake Factory because they are something I would shop/eat more frequently.

On another note comparing LR to NWA higher end stores, I was at Woof Woof (dog boutique at Pleasant Rigde, WLR) over the weekend and I asked them how the store in LR compares to the one in Rogers. The lady at the store said there is no comparison, that the LR store does much much better than the one in Rogers. She said they call each other at the end of the day to compare sales and the LR store blows the Rogers store away everyday. I would think this would be the case for most high end stores that are in both markets.

Personally, I think having a Coach store is more of a status thing for the city. It is not a store that someone would shop at often. I would prefer something like Restoration Hardware or restaurants like Cheesecake Factory because they are something I would shop/eat more frequently.

On another note comparing LR to NWA higher end stores, I was at Woof Woof (dog boutique at Pleasant Rigde, WLR) over the weekend and I asked them how the store in LR compares to the one in Rogers. The lady at the store said there is no comparison, that the LR store does much much better than the one in Rogers. She said they call each other at the end of the day to compare sales and the LR store blows the Rogers store away everyday. I would think this would be the case for most high end stores that are in both markets.

These are all interesting points between NWA and LR. I think we'd be surprised about how competitive, or even better some things in NWA perform than LR. And I don't blame the euphoria and pride that NWA has for how rapid things have changed in 10 years. Frankly, I think its a great thing for the whole state.

However, top to bottom, I think data would show that LR still trumps NWA in most categories, and by a wide margin. Furthermore, I would guess that people in NWA don't realize that that's still the case. That may change over time as NWA continues to grow, but I am of the opinion that it won't maintain the 50% 10-year growth pattern that everyone assumes will continue unabated. I could be wrong, and certainly growth is good, but I hope LR finds its groove and continues its increasing growth rate....things certainly seem to be lining up for that to happen.

Best Buy is no Apple store.

Mac's start at $599.

I don't know what to say other than go check one out. Or read this: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/for.../03/19/8402321/

Regardless of your impressions, the point is that the stores are a popular shopping destination for many people.

That's not really true. Yes, Mac Minis start at $599. Want anything else, it goes way up. He is looking at Macbook Pros.

Why are Macbook pros $2500? Because they are great personal computers.

Apple stores are constantly packed. They are more than just a status symbol. Apple stores actually bring a lot of traffic to malls, they are a great asset. You never see an Apple store empty.

Edited by Manolos

That's not really true. Yes, Mac Minis start at $599. Want anything else, it goes way up. He is looking at Macbook Pros.

Why are Macbook pros $2500? Because they are great personal computers.

Apple stores are constantly packed. They are more than just a status symbol. Apple stores actually bring a lot of traffic to malls, they are a great asset. You never see an Apple store empty.

La jefe just got a macbook $1499. It is a business computer, so its running XP. I'm new to Apple, but so far so good.

In 2008, Intel is building a .45 namometer memory chip (~4GB) for an Apple product. I am going to be interested to see what happens as Apple matures the ipod/itouch. It will be fun to have a local store involved in a major product launch.

Edited by turboturtle