University Airlines, Bentonville

KJW

My first thoughts on seeing this article, honestly, no matter how seemingly unrelated they are?

"I'll bet Rich baseball wishes they could begin Northwest Arkansas Naturals play in April, and I'll bet Chris Talley and his group wish their WNBA team could begin shortly afterward."

This area has the potential to become something far more than many of us have ever dreamt of...

A new airline is on the verge of taking flight in Bentonville.

University Airlines Inc. will cater to the specific travel needs of university athletic programs and may also become the first low-cost commercial carrier ever formed in Arkansas serving business travelers.

The company has lease orders for 30 planes from French company Airbus Industries, and hopes to have as many as four of the $42 million A320s flying by September.

There also are orders for 96 Prevost H345 tour buses

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're looking at this the wrong way. The University Airlines (UA? Clever.) will cater charter flights to collegiate athletic programs first, with *possible* expansion in to a low-cost carrier for the regular Joe. Don't get in too big a hurry.

On the flip side, it's nice to see an air-startup in Arkansas.

Oh, and in case anyone is interested in the ride: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A320

I think we're looking at this the wrong way. The University Airlines (UA? Clever.) will cater charter flights to collegiate athletic programs first, with *possible* expansion in to a low-cost carrier for the regular Joe. Don't get in too big a hurry.

On the flip side, it's nice to see an air-startup in Arkansas.

Oh, and in case anyone is interested in the ride: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A320

Archived