IKEA Coming to Charlotte

Lot66

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Basically that article says there is a zoning request. No news here as this has been on UrbanPlanet for days and part of the public record for a lot longer. Second it says IKEA has said it has not committed to a store in the Carolinas.

I am not sure what there is to be excited about with this article. It doesn't say anything new.

Well actually it sounds like they read UrbanPlanet and decided to write an article that doesn't say anything. The timing is certainly suspicious. While I have not noticed that breaking news comes from the BJ at least they did say that IKEA has not committed to coming here.

Might be more news this week. In the email alert that The Charlotte Business Journal sent about their story today, they also said more news would be coming on Friday. To quote: "And for further details, see Friday's Charlotte Business Journal." I took that to mean more than a paper version of today's story on the website.

Those used to be in Charlotte, but they closed down a few years ago. Several of their abandoned buildings are still around. They were OK, but I wouldn't write home about their burgers. I would rather have a WhiteCastle. In regards to IKEA, no doubt they will eventually come to Charlotte. There are too many people enamored with their stuff here, for them to ignore this market.

Those used to be in Charlotte, but they closed down a few years ago. Several of their abandoned buildings are still around. They were OK, but I wouldn't write home about their burgers. I would rather have a WhiteCastle. In regards to IKEA, no doubt they will eventually come to Charlotte. There are too many people enamored with their stuff here, for them to ignore this market.

I know this thread has strayed, but I have to say In N' Out Burger is really good - definitely prefer it over the Castle. I think the Five Guys burger chain that has put up a couple of restaurants in Charlotte is the closest thing to In N' Out I've been to.

As far as IKEA goes, I think the quality you get for your money is well worth it. At this point in my life, I don't need to buy IKEA stuff but I've still own a few IKEA things that I've had for 10 years or more. And the great part about it is, when you move you can just take a sledgehammer to the stuff and throw it away. Easy cleanup.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived