Lieberman could become one of the most powerful Senators...

MadVlad

• 10 months later...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been thrilled with Lieberman. I only voted for Lamont because I thought he stood the best chance to defeat him and bring a new sense of change for Connecticut in the Senate. To be honest, I wanted Schlesinger over both Lamont and Lieberman.

The thing that bothered me the most about Lamont though is that... he said the same things over and over again. We didn't have that many policy views from him besides anti-war, anti-Bush, and whatever Joe wasn't. Which doesn't say a whole lot about everything else there is in this world.

However, ideally, I would have liked to have seen Schlesinger get a fair chance in the election.

The premise of this topic was that Lieberman "could become one of the most powerful Senators" because 1. The Democrats need him to support their platform, and because 2. The Republicans need him to support their platform. (I am paraphrasing because the original newspaper article this topic is based on is gone which is why we don't like topics like this) This only works because the Senate is split 50% down the middle.

It's becoming perfectly clear the GOP is going to be gutted in the 2008 election and when the Democrats take full control of the Senate, and Lieberman's vote doesn't matter, then I predict he will be gutted of most of his position as well. The Democrats are pissed off at him for continuing to support Bush and the war and like it or not, there is going to be some payback.

A who's who list of Connecticut higher up Connecticut politicians is needed to count all the people claiming to be the ones who saved the Groton base. Oh wait, I was down there on Route 12 holding a flag and a sign the day the BRAC people came to town to tour... so um, I saved Groton too. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
It's becoming perfectly clear the GOP is going to be gutted in the 2008 election and when the Democrats take full control of the Senate, and Lieberman's vote doesn't matter, then I predict he will be gutted of most of his position as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whats is so wrong with Lieberman? He supports the war, which I suppose is bad enough in itself, aside from that he is your typical democrat maybe more moderate than liberal, but more liberal than many of the Southern dems. I still think he was the better candidate when compared to Lamont.

I'm not exactly sure what Lieberman (or anyone in Congress really) is doing for the state of Connecticut and to fix problems in this country. I'd rather have a new face try and make an effort than see the same old same old. Lieberman seems too comfortable and too far into the system to be effective anymore.

• 1 month later...

Archived