Greenville gets no respect because of misleading 50k population figures!

ilaustin36

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense, but this question/topic has been hashed and re-hashed time and time again on this forum and in the SC State Forum. I don't really care to dredge it up again, but I'll say this: I'm happy that people underestimate Greenville because it's far easier to exceed their expectations this way. :thumbsup:

No offense, but this question/topic has been hashed and re-hashed time and time again on this forum and in the SC State Forum. I don't really care to dredge it up again, but I'll say this: I'm happy that people underestimate Greenville because it's far easier to exceed their expectations this way. :thumbsup:

I too feel this is really an advantage Greenville has, not a negative. The only respect it is not getting is among those who somehow feel a population figure is the measure of a place, which I'm sure you know is complete crap. Greenville is already a place studied by cities across the country as an example of what a DT should feel like and be, and a city as a whole, I'd be very proud of that.

And yet much of the worst traffic is in the suburbs of the county and nearby counties. I totally understand your point, but I am hoping to see more people who like to enjoy the City actually move here instead of the suburbs. I love the beautiful, open countryside and a slower pace as well, but they are vanishing rather quickly with so much random sprawl. More suburban developments similar to Verdae or Acadia would be greatly appreciated.

It really is a dilema for the City though. The more people who take advantage of the City's free services and use the City's public spaces, the more City taxpayers will have to pay, unless more people decide to move into the limits and financially support their efforts to continue the improvements. I know this is not the best example to use in this debate, but it is important enough for at least a bit of consideration. I do not see very many parts of the County with the type of good urban development you see in the City. The new subdivisions that include sidewalks are as close as it gets. :rolleyes:

Archived