Park Tower: Houston

Trae

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is definetly going up. Here is what it would look like for a person looking up from street level:

parktower.gif

And as a bonus for you guys, here is a small project map of Downtown Houston:

whatsnext.jpg

Areas in black will get prime real estate development...

Some good spots for a Trump Tower Houston :P.

It is definetly going up.

That's good to hear. I used to work in both First City Tower and Houston Center, so it's interesting to see that side of downtown come into its own. Some savvy developer needs to get a block or more of land in that vicinity tied down with a grocery store, cleaners, etc. yesterday.

It will definatley be interesting to see the completion of this... My aunt works for a restaraunt group and they are going to be opening up a fine dining and a fast casual rest. in some park downtown during 07... I'm not sure if its this park, but I know the park is supposed to have a "central park feel" to it, so this sorda sounds like it may be the place....

Great looking tower for Houston! And I'm glad to see some of those street level parking lots in that part of downtown finally being used for something valuable. I stayed in the Hilton Americas last summer, and got an awesome view of the skyline and the entire downtown area, but all of the parking lots and empty land around there is a big downer. Also, the location there in front of the Houston Center is a great one. From what I've experienced in downtown Houston, the park that is there currently never served much of a purpose anyway, so I can't see that being a big loss at all when compared with what will replace it. :thumbsup:

This is off topic, but after seeing that awesome first picture of the Houston skyline, I was reminded of something. Why is it that the crown on Continental Center only seems to be lit for a few hours every night? I really like the blue lighting of the crown, especially considering the rest of the skyline isn't really lit up that well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived