Bristol, Virginia (largest city in SOUTHWEST VA) to get even more developments - in addition to current project

Tennesseestorm

I do not think that southwest Virginia gets too much recognition, because many people do not realize that parts of the southwestern part of the state is booming and has a fairly high population, especially near the TN state line in the Tri-Cities metro area.

At exit 7 I-81, it is a booming little area- with nearly a hundred (or more) restaurants, several shopping centers, Lowes Home Improvement, Wal-Mart supercenter, Home Depot, Food City and soon to be Cracker Barrel and several more shopping centers and most recently announced, a potential "low cost" housing project near the area (which is opposed by local residents in the area) and just announced tonight another huge shopping center complex, which will include a TJ Maxx, Best Buy, Pet Smart, Books a Million and Old Navy and another major retailer- not mentioned now, but I suspect a Target. Before, Bristol residents had to travel to Kingsport or Johnson City, TN - about 20 miles away to shop at Target, Pet Smart or Best Buy. This will be a very nice addition to Bristol, VA-TN.

Here is the story directly quoted from our local newspaper - see link

BRISTOL, Va. – The Highlands, a multi-million dollar shopping center project, is scheduled to open next year on a 14-acre Washington County site, officials said Monday.

Please click on the link for the story..... (edited)

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/news...09-18-0027.html

---

In the adjoining city of Bristol, Tennessee is also undergoing major developments, especially near the Bristol Motor Speedway. More info on that on the Tennessee forums.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I will delete/edit it. I thought it would be informative since no one ever seems to post for the area, so I did not think I would be "overcrowding" info on the area. Also, I did not know there were rules about posting info from articles, or I would not have. I must have missed it or forgot about it being on the "rule" board, because no other states forums I post on have ever mentioned this to me when I post info like this there, nor to anyone else either. Must vary from forum to forum? Also, the source I got this from does not not always keep info there long, so after awhile, that link may be useless after awhile. At any rate, I will edit. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. To keep with the rules though please edit your posting and only post a small part of the article and provide a link to the article.

Sorry, I will delete/edit it. I thought it would be informative since no one ever seems to post for the area, so I did not think I would be "overcrowding" info on the area. Also, I did not know there were rules about posting info from articles, or I would not have. I must have missed it or forgot about it being on the "rule" board, because no other states forums I post on have ever mentioned this to me when I post info like this there, nor to anyone else either. Must vary from forum to forum? Also, the source I got this from does not not always keep info there long, so after awhile, that link may be useless after awhile. At any rate, I will edit. Thanks.

The rules do not vary from forum to forum. If you are seeing articles posted in their entirety it is likely because we haven't caught it yet. This is a big site and we cannot be everywhere at everytime but when we run across a specific violation we usually just like to give a friendly reminder, no big deal. I used to have a thread entitled "Article Posting Policy" pinned to the top of the forum but it mus've got lost in the shuffle when we collapsed the Hampton Roads forum. :unsure: At any rate, here's a link.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never been to this part of the state, but I do like how the border between Va and Tn is shared along a street. One day I hope to see it for myself. We also need more people from southwest Va here.

Wow this is really gonna help Bristol out alot since alot of my family is from Bristol VA/TN. Yea exit 7 on I-81 is really booming there are tons of restaurants down their and there is so much in store for Bristol its really one of my more favorite smaller towns. Cadeho you've really got to see State ST its really neat how it goes through the border of VA and TN.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived