Single in the 616

Veloise

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean a man is going to call you? Do you have ESP? Details!

I WISH I had ESP. Then again, maybe not.

I have had a listing on the Onion Personals for a few years now, and every now and then I go there just to look and read people's profiles. Okay, so I visit it every day. So what? There are some very creative men out there. (heehee)

Anyway, a guy actually sent me an e-mail just the other day, and we've been e-mailing back and forth. Today he wrote me that he wants to call me tonight.

Oh, what shall I do?????!!!! He seems really nice online, and his photo isn't half bad, but I'm out of practice as far as dating goes. Or even speaking to a man who is not a brother, cousin, etc. Thankfully, this guy lives in Nashville, TN. So, that takes care of THAT.

But, yes, it's been three years since I've been on a date. Why on earth would I want to spoil this winning streak?

I mean, would you?

I WISH I had ESP. Then again, maybe not.

I have had a listing on the Onion Personals for a few years now, and every now and then I go there just to look and read people's profiles. Okay, so I visit it every day. So what? There are some very creative men out there. (heehee)

Anyway, a guy actually sent me an e-mail just the other day, and we've been e-mailing back and forth. Today he wrote me that he wants to call me tonight.

Oh, what shall I do?????!!!! He seems really nice online, and his photo isn't half bad, but I'm out of practice as far as dating goes. Or even speaking to a man who is not a brother, cousin, etc. Thankfully, this guy lives in Nashville, TN. So, that takes care of THAT.

But, yes, it's been three years since I've been on a date. Why on earth would I want to spoil this winning streak?

I mean, would you?

it sounds like your afraid of being hurt???? Dr. Sean says: "take a chance, everyday that goes by could be your last so live them to the fullest!" (besides you dont know til you try)

it sounds like your afraid of being hurt???? Dr. Sean says: "take a chance, everyday that goes by could be your last so live them to the fullest!" (besides you dont know til you try)

Well, only one way to find out... and that is don't answer the phone!

Kidding. I will answer the phone if it rings. But only if it rings.

Otherwise all bets are off.

:)

P.S. Who is Dr. Sean? Should I know him?

Well, only one way to find out... and that is don't answer the phone!

Kidding. I will answer the phone if it rings. But only if it rings.

Otherwise all bets are off.

P.S. Who is Dr. Sean? Should I know him?

Answer the phone! :-) You don't have to marry the guy . . .just talk to him . . . .and there is absolutely nothing wrong w/ not having been on a date in 3 years . .. it is SLIM pickin's out there so be choosy . .

P.S. I think "Dr. Sean" is gvsusean! lol

Answer the phone! :-) You don't have to marry the guy . . .just talk to him . . . .and there is absolutely nothing wrong w/ not having been on a date in 3 years . .. it is SLIM pickin's out there so be choosy . .

P.S. I think "Dr. Sean" is gvsusean! lol

Well, he called, we talked, he sounds very nice.

But now I have a dilemma. I need to get a manicure, but I can't find any farriers listed.

Anybody know of a good one?

;)

Well, he called, we talked, he sounds very nice.

But now I have a dilemma. I need to get a manicure, but I can't find any farriers listed.

Anybody know of a good one?

;)

Calm down, quit picking out bridesmaids dresses.

And watch that referral request stuff; the NC mods don't like it!

Hot off the press: Craigslist... Chicago personals (i.e., don't restrict yourself to GR). Check it out. Chicago is not that far away and is an easy trip via Amtrak.

Just for grins I sent e-mails to five men. Within 10 minutes, I heard from two of them. They both sound very nice. Of course, I can't do the dinner date with the sailor from San Francisco b/c I work, but just the fact that he responded was pretty cool. The other guy is a musician (younger, way younger), positively gorgeous... and openminded about age. Probably nothing will come of it, and I'm sure we'll never meet, but it is refreshing to get responses so quickly.

Check it out.

(Just don't mention this to my cats. They are the jealous types and will leave an opinion at the drop of a hat.)

And by opinion - you mean they'll 'miss' the litter box? :)

Heehee. Yes. That is precisely right.

They wouldn't so much "miss" it (heck, I wouldn't miss a thing like that if it disappeared today... then again, maybe I would because of the opinions I'd have to deal with), as they would present the opinion in an obvious venue. Luckily, it was the type of opinion that is easily remedied.

This has happened only once (thank goodness!). And it was because Bobby objected to the new-fangled silicone litter granules that came highly recommended from a co-worker.

Everything is all better now.

Whew!

Just came across this article posted on WGVU's site from AP. Actual proof that it is a little more difficult to be single in the 616 - there are fewer of us actually living here!

WGVU

It's a numbers game. Which is why you see lots of personals from/to people on the west and east coasts. (And I don't mean the coasts of Lake Michigan.)

Wish me luck: I've gotten inspired to throw a perfectly good $30 bill at American Singles. Turns out that several of my secret admirers are in the Nigerian scam artist demographic. (I would prefer a LTR and really don't want a LDR.)

And yes I'm on Cycling Singles, along with perhaps ten other people in west Mich.

Archived